1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

accu-weather forums

Discussion in 'Weather' started by FISHERBOY, Aug 10, 2008.

FISHERBOY Senior Member

has anyone check out the forums on this upcoming winter season, i like what i see for the northeast joe bastardi says it could be like dec-jan 2000-01 lets hope lots of snow payup payup.
  2. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Get ready boys, its coming! Its going to be harsh, im feeling a snowstorm around dec 20th for all northeast plow guys! I also heard JB say a repeat of 2000-2001, and a early start to winter!:redbounce
  3. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

After last winter I am not sure they could throw anything more at us. Last year was #20 for me and by far the hardest we have worked. Salt shortages didn't help and lots of snow. I think it has rained every third day here so who knows what winter will bring. An average winter would be fine for me.
  4. gkm

gkm Senior Member

we are due in this area for sure!:realmad:
  5. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

You're kidding, right?

Is that the year Buffalo received 7' in a week? Or was that the next year?

I can't remember exactly, but one year we had about 60" in the month of Dec, the next year we had 60" in the last week of Dec. Both years were right in the '00-'01 time frame. Trust me, it sucks having virtually the entire season's snowfall in 1week or 1 month.
  6. Neige

Neige Sponsor

We had 250.5 cm (100 inches) that year. I can live with those totals. Just above average, we had 72.6 cm (29 inches) Nov-Dec. and 177.9 cm (71 inches) Jan-April. What worries me is they forecast we would have the hottest summer yet, and its been a bust. So who knows what were in store for? Its always been a crap shot.
  7. Actually, Mark, it was December 2001...my very fist time plowing was that week. No snow fell in Buffalo until Dec 24th, then we got 81 inches in 5 days.:dizzy:

Although, in November of 2000, we got 2 feet in 8 hours the monday before Thanksgiving...
  8. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Get ready for grandview to post about the great blizzard of Oct 2006!:help::sleeping:
  9. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

i wont listen to there crap til theres white flakes falling:cool:
  10. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Buffalo gets more snow in a hour, then Ice gets all year. LOL
  11. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Thanks, I looked back at the threads from '01 and got my answer. So that leaves me with around 60" in Dec of '00. Still pretty much sucked.
  12. bike5200

bike5200 Senior Member
    from Ky

iceyman, I think we need to take up a collection and send you to a Positive Thinking Class

13. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Go to my post on nj winter outlook......the last 2 post. Some early indication about this winter season. I also found this from Henry over at accuweather.

I want to clear up some confusion. The previous post was written by one of my blog readers Mark Vogan. I thought he did a great job analyzing the situation and I wanted to share the information with everyone. I know it's only August, but we are already starting to look at the winter and the early indications are that this year the eastern half of the country has a harsh winter. It could even be the type of winter where the snow-starved I-95 corridor folks are screaming for the snow to stop!

14. gkm

gkm Senior Member

15. tom_mccauley

tom_mccauley Senior Member