1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Account condition sheet

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by Makndust, Feb 14, 2004.

1. Makndust

Makndust Senior Member

I was reading this site last Fall, I believe, and someone said something about an "account condition form", or something like that. I'm looking for a form so that I can fill in the blanks when I arrive at an account to plow. Something like weather conditions, amount of snow, wind conditions, drifting, etc. I'm trying to keep better records in the future incase of a court case due to someone slipping or something like that. Anyone heard of anything like this. I'm probably going to make up my own but I was looking for some ideas.
  2. badranman

badranman Senior Member

I saw that too. Some people had mentioned not to make it too long or it probably wouldn't get used. This applies more for hired help than yourself I would think.
  3. streetsurfin'

streetsurfin' Senior Member

Date Start time Temp. Snow "

Location Start Finish Snow amount Weather Conditions
  4. streetsurfin'

streetsurfin' Senior Member

That didn't work well. Thats what I made up, it's missing the columns though. Basically put in conditions at beginning and end of route, with room for changes from job to job. MIne is in wps. and I couldn't figure out how to attach it.
  5. Makndust

Makndust Senior Member

thanks for the ideas
    I am going to be running the pickup instead of my wife from March 1 on and thought that it would be a good record keeping idea.
  6. SCSIndust

SCSIndust Senior Member

I use plow logs for everything I do. My employees, subs, and myself fill them out. I tell my employees, if they don't fill them out, I can't pay them because I don't know what they did. They never hesitate to fill them out! I even fill them out, just incase I would ever need them. In mine, I have: arrival time, lot condition, services performed, abnormal conditions, areas salted, salt used, and departure time. They help me figure out time at properties, salt usage, etc. Very handy to have.
  7. Lawn Lad

Lawn Lad Senior Member