1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Accidents happen but don't lie to me

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by firehog13, Mar 15, 2009.

1. firehog13

firehog13 Member

Here are some photos of an ex-employee of mine that ripped the front end off of some guy's car with my new track machine trying to back drag between 2 cars and had the balls to lie to me about it. I'll tell every one on this forum one thing, first of all I'm one of the most easy going bosses you will ever find. I don't center people out, I don't yell at them or disrespect them in any way plus I'm very open when talking to people and don't try to intimidate to get things done my way. The best part is 9 times out of 10 I pay for the damages that my employees have done in the past.

So if there is anyone somebody should feel more comfortable telling that they just ripped the front end of a car off with my new machine it' s me!!!! I don't care how good you are, how many years you have been in business or what ever your story is, we have all or at some point in life will f%$# up something that we regret because of negligence, carelessness or what ever.
    But what ever you do in life don't make it worse and lie about it, be a f%$#ing man and own up to your mistakes. Because in life my friends there is only a few things in this world that we all have, one of which could possibly be one of the most important and that is your word as a man, the second is your credit with family, friends, banks or who ever.

When you throw those out the window, good luck ever getting them back in one piece with out being looked at in a different way or simply having to prove so much harder that you can be trusted again if at all.

Long story short I kicked the guy out of my track machine giving him the benefit of the doubt at that point in time that he did not hit the car and put him in my new backhoe only to have him an half an hour later run the front left tire into a garbage container and slashing the side wall 6 times!!! When I stopped him to ask him a question about something all I could hear was air pissing out of my time. When asked what happened his famous answer was he didn't do it!!! I had enough, I sent him home and started trying to find some one on a Sunday to replace my tire because now I was screwed for the storm that was coming Monday.

It ended up costing me allot of money that weekend and a friendship plus I had been up for close to 40 hours by the time everything was done. Ah the joy's of running your own business. Any way guy's I'm sure I'm not the only person that this has happened to,
    enjoy the photos and notice how the guy tried to stuff snow under the bumper to hold it in place so no one would notice. What a jackass!

2. Advantage

Advantage Senior Member

I hear ya. One of the things I try to stress to employees is to be careful and not screw up but if something does happen the worst thing they could do is not be honest about it. I'm the same as you, very easy going until someone tries to play me a fool.
  3. fireball

fireball PlowSite.com Veteran

I like the Clingon story
  4. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

I feel for you man!! I've been in the landscape & snow removal business for 25 Yrs. and employees damaging your equipment or other peoples stuff is the worst. You always get the same story - "It wasn't me" or "It was like that already". At least on this site you can release some tension by telling other people who go through the same things. Doesn't fix it but you feel a little better, at least I do. I can never make them pay for it because they never have any money and wouldn't be able to anyway!:realmad:

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Was he drunk? What kind of tracked machine did he hit it with?
  6. firehog13

firehog13 Member

A 2008 Takeuchi TL 140 with a 6-11 Horstweilding snowwing on the front

TKLAWN PlowSite Veteran

Looks like that car has been there for a while. That sucks.
  8. Baitshop

Baitshop Junior Member

I hear that. The problem is that accountability has gone out the window. Everything is someone else's fault nowadays. "The cover-up is always worse than the crime." Be a man, stand tall, look people in the eye, and admit when you screw up.

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Thats what I was going to guess. I've ran a TL130 before. Nice machines. One of the easiest to run by far. Very user friendly.
  10. lawnproslawncar

lawnproslawncar Senior Member

"honestly boss, that car moved before i backed up!
  11. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

very sorry to hear, my totals were 2 mirriors, reverse light mounted on bumper that hit into bed and dented it. i think thats about it. how did you end up making out as far as damages to the car go?????

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

i hate liars also.
  13. lawnproslawncar

lawnproslawncar Senior Member

Over a thousand I bet...