1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

accident question

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Scott's, Feb 4, 2009.

1. Scott's

Scott's Senior Member

I was rolling down the road yesterday when a yahoo tried to turn into a exit of a bank and I hit him with the blade of the dump, It looks that the blade might be bent as well as the undercarriage .Has anyone ever dent with something like this and if so how did ins handle it? No one was hurt but his car is messed up bent front wheel, caved in frt fender, door ripped open rear door like a can opener and caved in rear quarter.
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Did you get a police report as to what happened?
  3. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Hopefully he had insurance. Tell his agent you either need it fixed yesterday for snow removal or have them get you a rental plow.

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Need pictures.

Go out and have someone drive with the blade down real slow while you watch for gaps when is in contact with pavement.
  5. Mark Witcher

Mark Witcher Senior Member

Its either his fault, youre fault or both.

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

no pics of the carnage? and you call yourself a senior member lol
  7. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

In Ohio it's either the other persons fault, or your fault. One of the two insurances is going to be paying. My guess is if the other guy turned into him, then it's going to be the other guys fault. Do not back down, they will try to depreciate the blade, and mounting bracket. Turn it all into your insurance and let them deal with it. Your insurance will write the check if the other drags thier feet. Your lucky enough to have this happen when they are not calling for snow for the next week, so you have a little time.