Snow Plowing Forum banner

accessory power for joystick

2K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  stanza 
#1 ·
i have my plow put together and ready to go but i cant find an accessory wire under the dash.
isnt there a wire in the fuse box for it?
the drl fuse?
it has to be on a switch.
anyone run into this?thanks
western plow 8'
2003 gmc 2500hd ext 4x4

#3 ·
its easiest on the gms to go right to the fuse panel and pick up power from the wiper or heater fuse. Stop by the auto parts store and pickup whats called a mini fuse tape and a mini female spade connector. fuse tap slides over prong on the fuse with a male spade connector to plug female into. Eaiest way without cutting into factory electrical especially without knowing what wires go to air bags.

#9 ·
Look for an unused relay socket in the fuse panel in the engine compartment. Open sockets would be for fog lights, powers seats, rear window defrost. If you don't have one of these options the relay socket will have no relay. Use a test light to find the terminal that only has power with key on. If western recommends a fuse use two female spade terminals and a fuse to make an inline fuse or a premade fuse holder (5 amp). Put fuse under the fuse compartment lid to keep dry.

#11 ·
GUYS........Remember the cab command / fish stick
controller have a fuse INSIDE of the hand held unit.

Its one of the old style glass tube fuse. One extra
is supplied when new.
Maybe that is why there is NO fuse link provided ?

Make sure ya carry a spare !...............geo

#12 ·
i bought a fuse tap kit and as soon as i installed it everything came to life!!!!!!
Except when i put on my left blinker my lights come on like a police car.

WTF?????

one side works well, the other has no light.
I think its a wire i didnt need that i put in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.