1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Access Snowfall Log

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by mcwlandscaping, Aug 31, 2011.

1. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

I've just started building a microsoft access database that I can use to enter, track, and easily recall snow fall even history. So far the columns for information are as follows:

Year
    Month
    Starting Day (number value)
    Snowfall Amount
    Overnight? (has drop down menu for yes or no)
    Type of Snow (menu to choose light, moderate, heavy, wet....multiple values can be chosen)

For those of you who don't know access and are wondering why I broke things down like I did, its because it makes doing inquiry searches later a lot more precise. For those who do know access and have any suggestions on how to format this, i'm all ears! Overall, i'm trying to gather any other suggestions for information columns that may be helpful in the future. I'm building this as a LONG term use tool to track snow trends over several years once it is implemented. I would like to integrate equipment use into the database or create one that can cross reference to each storm but i need to remember how to do that. Again, certainly open to ideas and suggestions here!

2. mcwlandscaping

Changing things around quite a bit already, still open for thoughts though!

3. Spucel

Spucel Senior Member

Sounds great!!!! Any chances on getting my fingers on that??? Thumbs Up

4. mcwlandscaping

I will gladly share once i get more of it done! I get real particular when i do things like this and wind up starting over several times....lets keep in touch especially if you have some access experience that may give you ideas if i send/post updates of it periodically.

5. NickT

NickT Senior Member

Subscribed .......