1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ac buttons 1,2, and 3 dont work

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Joesno, Nov 25, 2009.

1. Joesno

Joesno Senior Member

i know ive seen the post on here before but ive searched and cant find it.
    my 12and3 slots dont work on my ac. i cant rememeber what the name of the part is called that i need. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks, Joe
  2. prostk2

prostk2 Member

If you are in reference to the fan speeds---then the most common problem would be the blower motor resistor. Some are real cheap and others not so much!! Good luck plowing and getting this fixed!!
  3. Joesno

Joesno Senior Member

thats it. thanks alot, Joe
  4. blowerman

blowerman PlowSite.com Addict

Just to confirm what he said.. Two of my Chevy trucks had this happen.
    Good luck
  5. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

You don't need AC now it's Winter..:laughing:
  6. Joesno

Joesno Senior Member

true. i should have just said blower because its the blower for ac and heat.
  7. ChevKid03

ChevKid03 Senior Member

Just an FYI.... I had the resistor replaced about 8 times from Chevrolet because different blower motor settings kept not working... They finally replaced the blowe motor itself and that has been working rock solid now for the past 6 months... It used to only last about a week or two with the resistor being a replaced... just letting you know incase it doesn't work...