1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

AC blowing heat on one side

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by TomsSnowPlowING, Aug 6, 2012.

1. TomsSnowPlowING

TomsSnowPlowING Senior Member

AC blowing heat air on driver side. AC blowing cold air on passenger side. What could be wrong? Does this sometimes. BUT NOT ALL TIME YET. LOL.
    Look below to see what my control looks like. BOTH SIDES ARTE ON COLD.

1344283152518.jpg

Last edited: Aug 6, 2012
  2. TomsSnowPlowING

Got all my speeds back with BWD Blower Motor Resistor Part No. RU1264 & BWD Pigtail/Socket Part No. PT5793.

3. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

Blower motor resistor wont change or affect the temp only you blower speed. U have a blend door actuator acting up.

4. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Mine did the same thing last week,same controls as yours.Hot air from vent to the right of steering wheel.I moved mixing controls up and down 10-15 times,shut truck off and restarted.Hasn't happened again so far.Hoping it was a one off.

5. Plowtoy

Plowtoy Senior Member

2nd the blend door actuators. My boss just had his done on his Yukon to the tune of $1200 Its fairly involved and there are 3 that need to be replaced while you have the dash out. Its the hard one (just under the dash board behind the glove box to the left) that is most likely bad. NOT A FUN JOB so I'm told. Good luck to ya!!

6. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

There not bad the one on the bottom is like a 15 min job the one on the top takes me an hour or so.

7. 06Sierra

06Sierra PlowSite.com Addict
    from Maine

Driver side is easy. It's the passenger side that is a pain.

8. TomsSnowPlowING

Only done this 2 times within a few months.
    I did turn off engine when got to my mowing job. When was done had cold air back on driver's side. Could be signs of those parts going bad?