1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

absent for a few years

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by chakakan, Jan 6, 2012.

1. chakakan

chakakan Junior Member

Ok guys, I've been out of the field for a couple years. I have a few questions. I'm running a '99 Dodge Ram 2500 QCSB and am trying to decide on a plow. My last plow was a Blizzard 860SW. It was a great plow but coating didn't hold up well. After 3 seasons looked like it was 10yrs. old. It was prior to the DD buyout. Now I'm considering a snowdogg V (either VMD75 or VX85). From what I've read these are pretty decent but I would like some real world input. Also any other models you guys would suggest. Considered BOSS but are on backorder til Feb. in this area. Any input guys? Sorry for the long message.

2. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Go with an 8.5' V, the 7.5' V is to small for a 3/4 ton. Boss makes a nice plow and so does Snow Dogg. The Fisher Xtreme V is another good looking V plow.