1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

abs

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by TowMan 40, Dec 10, 2008.

1. TowMan 40

TowMan 40 Junior Member
    from Chicago

front wheels lock when brakes applied. this problem only occur when road conditions are wet,snowy and ice. new brakes and calibers installed, new master cylender installed as well. 1993 f-350/ tow truck. any assistance with this problem will be greatly appreciated.

thanks

first time post

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

How are the rear drums? Are your front bald?

3. TowMan 40

TowMan 40 Junior Member
    from Chicago

rotors and drums has been turned.

4. tim096

tim096 Senior Member
    from wny

most 93 f350 only had rear weel abs rabs is what it is called. are your brakes grabing ? How long has it been doing this? you have new calipars, how are the brake pads? were the slides greased? how are the break hoses? did you ck for wheel bearing play? hope this helps
    tim

5. TowMan 40

TowMan 40 Junior Member
    from Chicago

i checked the bearings and they had some play in them,so i changed the bearings and everything is fine i appreciate the help from all of you.

6. smoore45

smoore45 Senior Member

Like was said above, I'm pretty sure that year truck only had ABS in the rear. If you don't have an electrical wire running to your front wheels, then they are on not ABS.

7. Spitz

Spitz Senior Member

Like said above or make sure your rear brakes are doing some work.. I know the front does 70% of the stopping, but lose your rear brakes and i'd bet you would think that extra 30% feels like a lot more than it is.