1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ABS question

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by BPK63, Aug 24, 2012.

1. BPK63

BPK63 Senior Member
    from CT

This kind of goes with my "dang brake lines" thread. The rear brake line I'm replacing up to the front of my 92 K1500 goes into an abs type box. The master cylinder output goes into this thing. I haven't been able to get the connection off yet. I was wondering since my ABS has never worked anyway, light has been on for years, if I can just run the new line right into the master cylinder or does this box have some other function like a proportion valve? I only plow my driveway and go to the local dump with this truck. It doesn't get heavy use.

2. BPK63

BPK63 Senior Member
    from CT

Well it's a moot point at this stage in the game. Seems the lines are good from the front half way down and then they rust like hell. I was going to just cut the lines and patch in a new one and then replace all the back but there is so much rust back there that the bolts that hold on the rear wheel cylinders are so rusted they are practically round so there is no way I can get any kind of socket on to get them offf. I was just going to cut lines and replace the cylinders and would be good to go but I'll never get them off. I guess it will go to the shop. No idea how they will get them out.