1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

abs park lights

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by kashman, Jan 31, 2012.

1. kashman

kashman PlowSite.com Addict

01 2500 silverado 4x4 6.0
    its good till 65 then the speedo goes nuts abs light comes on stays on park light flickers
  2. kashman

bump bump...........................
  3. theholycow

theholycow PlowSite.com Addict

Sounds like a failing Vehicle Speed Sensor.

If you know someone with a really good code scanner that can pull ABS codes and display live VSS data, try using that while the symptom is happening. That should help narrow down the issue a lot and beats the hell out of blindly replacing the VSS or other parts based on the guesses of random Internet users like me.
  4. damian

damian Senior Member

install a new ground from a transmission mount bolt to the frame. i have had this problem before and the first one took me a while to get a handle on. also check the ground at the frame below the drivers door and make sure it is clean and tight.this is the groud for the abs module but the problem i had was the frame itself was poorly grounded. good luck let me know how you do.
  5. kashman

will do ill go look at all the grounds
  6. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

You get this under control chad?
  7. kashman

ground under the driver door prob solved