1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ABS Light and E-Brake Light

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by chcav1218, Jun 7, 2010.

1. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

My ABS light and my E-brake like have come on at the same time three times now over the past two weeks. If I restart the engine they turn off. I already think one of my bearings is going bad, is it safe to assume this is an indication of that or is something else wrong?

2. Clint S

Clint S Senior Member

I am no expert, but you probably have an issue with your ABS system. You would need a tester to know exactly what.

3. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

lots of common problems but without a code its just guess work.Get it scanned and let us know.

4. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

MIne have been on for about a year now- ABS is disabled, though it works just fine if I slam on the brakes :confused: Got it scanned dealer can't figure it out since the truck "says" it's ABS will not function, even though it does.

Dealer wanted $1K+ to "maybe" fix the lights being on..... no thanks.

Must be a common issue because another buddy of mine with an '04 2500HD has the same lights on and the same "symptoms."

5. brad96z28

More then likelly on urs its the ebcm.

6. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

I figured as much, I plan to leave it as is for now, no issues thus far- not looking to spend $1K+ on something that I have never actually needed.

7. brad96z28

There is a place not far from me that will rebuild them.

8. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

I have the abs light come on on my 1500 usually not till it warms up it seems but the abs still works I think

9. Clint S

Clint S Senior Member

If the fuse is blown or removed it will come on too. Many of these trucks have ABS sensor problems which cause the ABS to activate at slow speeds, if your like me I just remove my fuse, live with the light and go on my merry way until I replace or clean the sensor or hub.

10. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

No way to scan it cus it resets everytime i turn it off. And my ABS kicks in all the time its crazy

11. bgingras

bgingras Senior Member

did you verify that your hubs are good. You're first post indicated you though a hub was going? A bad hub can also cause ABS issues.

12. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

yeh after looking around it seems like its my upper ball joint. The truck is actually in my friends shop right now gettin new ball joints, one ton torsion bars, and shocks

13. brad96z28

Ive never seen one that the light would come on and not set a code. Even if the light goes back out.