1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ABS and Brake light on

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by BDEMOTT, Dec 16, 2005.

BDEMOTT Senior Member

After about 4 hrs. of plowing the ABS and Brake light turn on in the cab. They eventally go off later in the day. Have any of you guys had a sinular thing happen to you? Im thinking that its from packed snow up and in there, but im not sure.
  2. blk90s13

blk90s13 PlowSite.com Addict

i been having the same problem with my 95 f-250 as well but it goes on and off ( prolly one of the sensors are on its way out in my case )

good luck
  3. dodge rammin

dodge rammin Member

I had this happen to me about a year ago. I went to the local Dodge dealer to get a new ABS sensor and the mechanic quized me on what I had been doing before it came on. Turns out that there is an ABS sensor in the rear axle and I guess when you are spinning your tires and braking quite often (like when plowing) it will trigger the sensor. To resolve the problem he told me to get in truck and turn ignition to run position and then unhook positive battery cable for about 1 minute until you hear an audible click, which is the PCM reseting itself, then reconnect and you should be good to go. It worked for me, maybe it will help you out.
  4. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

FYI the older Rams (94-99) also have the brake lights wired into the vacuum circuit so if you have no vacuum you get the warning lights for the brakes (no power brakes). Plowing does tend to use alot of braking and that uses alot of vacuum. Another possiblity.