1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

? about whelen vertex's

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by committed2grow, Jun 12, 2009.

1. committed2grow

committed2grow Junior Member

I am really unsure whether I need any kind of control panel for these lights. Can I just order four of them and use the directions (hope they come with directions). I just want to make sure I have all the necessary peice to put this together.

2. sgrizz

sgrizz Junior Member

I ordered 2 vertexs from aw direct and came with the instructions. I also got a momentary switch with the on off switch also for $25.00 Since you are getting 4 of them you might want to get a switch with two pattern select buttons. You can get the directions on the website from whelen's web site.

3. pwrstroke6john

pwrstroke6john Senior Member

You can run them with any switchs, I have the ecco led hide aways but the work the same. All have is a light up toggle switch for the power and a small momentary switch I picked up from the auto store.

4. committed2grow

committed2grow Junior Member

ok I wasn't sure if I needed some kind of strobe control, but I have a unused switch I can use.

5. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

get yourself some strobe light wires to run them.factory wires are very short on vertex and they have 3 wires if you want to be able to change flash so old strobe wires work GREAT..also grab a momentary switch so you can change flash patterns...very easy to wire.