Snow Plowing Forum banner

? about Westerns Ultramount

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  sonjaab 
#1 · (Edited)
? for the people w/ultra-mount.

What stops it from seesawing while in transport?

Is there a grease jerk to lube between the two square tubing? I can see salt/sand getting between them and causing problems!

I have been trying to decide which v-plow to buy but finding faults in them (i.e)
Western: above ? and Chain lift
Boss: back drag OPTION questionable (salesman not confident about it)
Hinicker: No back drag (salesman said can grind to make Boss' lock out work)
Snowway: Center wear edge breakable (salesman said center piece is breakable and spendy to replace) and may stick out further, hindering back dragging out from curbside.
Blizzard: Paint falls off (price don't reflect paint app) and size. Need to find local dealer (in Minnesota between Minneapolis and Rochester).

I'm not knocking one from the other but where is a happy medium.
Any input appreciated!

See less See more
#3 ·
The dual chains keep the blade from see-swaing even when partially raised.

No grease fitting, nothing to grease in that area really,

install westerns all day long so i'm kind of partial, but at least with chains to raise the blade, if the entire system were to fail, you can still get the blade off the ground by finding a snow bank and short chaining the blade.

#5 · (Edited)
MT 3 yo 7-6 ultra straight blade shakes a bit. But the center piviot must be
a bit worn or loose so the blade turns easily. NO problem just something
you have to keep your eye out for..... a touch of grease helps. Too bad no grease fitting or bearing . But something else to break.to...Simple proven design.
..But not lose sleep over......Normal wear and tear..............................geo

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.