1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

? about Westerns Ultramount

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by 93CobraCPR, Oct 19, 2004.

1. 93CobraCPR

93CobraCPR Junior Member

? for the people w/ultra-mount.

What stops it from seesawing while in transport?

Is there a grease jerk to lube between the two square tubing? I can see salt/sand getting between them and causing problems!

I have been trying to decide which v-plow to buy but finding faults in them (i.e)
    Western: above ? and Chain lift
    Boss: back drag OPTION questionable (salesman not confident about it)
    Hinicker: No back drag (salesman said can grind to make Boss' lock out work)
    Snowway: Center wear edge breakable (salesman said center piece is breakable and spendy to replace) and may stick out further, hindering back dragging out from curbside.
    Blizzard: Paint falls off (price don't reflect paint app) and size. Need to find local dealer (in Minnesota between Minneapolis and Rochester).

I'm not knocking one from the other but where is a happy medium.
    Any input appreciated!
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2004
  2. Brian Simmons

Brian Simmons PlowSite.com - Sponsor

If adjusted right the A-frame in the raised mode would make contact on the bottom of the headgear not allowing it to move.
  3. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

The dual chains keep the blade from see-swaing even when partially raised.

No grease fitting, nothing to grease in that area really,

install westerns all day long so i'm kind of partial, but at least with chains to raise the blade, if the entire system were to fail, you can still get the blade off the ground by finding a snow bank and short chaining the blade.
  4. qualitylawncare

qualitylawncare Senior Member

Just had my MVP installed yesterday. Has the Ultra-mount. No movement at all even over bumps :nod:

And to top it off.. It can be hooked up in about 30 SECONDS!! Two hooks, and three wire harnesses and its done..
  5. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

MT 3 yo 7-6 ultra straight blade shakes a bit. But the center piviot must be
    a bit worn or loose so the blade turns easily. NO problem just something
    you have to keep your eye out for..... a touch of grease helps. Too bad no grease fitting or bearing . But something else to break.to...Simple proven design.
    ..But not lose sleep over......Normal wear and tear..............................geo
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2004