1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

About time

Discussion in 'Weather' started by wideout, Dec 6, 2009.

1. wideout

wideout Senior Member
    from iowa

Well the first snow has started tonight they 1-3 by morning but the big one is coming in on Tuesday thru Wednesday night noaa says it could be potentially a historic snow fall for us

2. trqjnky

trqjnky Senior Member

yep, im excited! i plowed my business lot and my moms restaurant lot just for some practice tonight. as of now theres not enough to push here. did you get anything worth pushing where you are?

3. wideout

wideout Senior Member
    from iowa

Not yet but i'm iching to go! they say around hwy34 there is a line where we could get enough to go i'm keepin my fingers crossed

4. cpsnowremoval

cpsnowremoval Senior Member

yea in southeast wisconsin there saying 2-4 inch by tomorrow afternoon. i hope that storm clips us wednesday night. test out my plow make some bank

5. wideout

wideout Senior Member
    from iowa

I hear that blew my wad on a new plow this year and i'm ready to put some back in my account! there are sayin 6-12 possiable heavier amounts in some places for us tuesday thru wendesday night then 50mph winds

6. trqjnky

trqjnky Senior Member

thats what i like to hear wideout! i need snow season to be good so i can build a comfort buffer in my business bank account. just opened up shop so im working on getting ahead.

what weather source do you use for tracking snowfall????

7. wideout

wideout Senior Member
    from iowa

only noaa.gov they are the most accurate and they update it alot, plus they are what all other weather stations base there forecast off of

8. wideout

wideout Senior Member
    from iowa

Just looked out the door and there is about half an inch when it gets to about an 11/2 i'm headin to town

9. trqjnky

trqjnky Senior Member

where in iowa are ya?

10. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

Put the camera in your pocket now, this way you dont forget it. :nod:

11. wideout

wideout Senior Member
    from iowa

Southeast iowa about 8 mi from fairfield where i plow. U?

12. trqjnky

trqjnky Senior Member

council bluffs for me

13. wideout

wideout Senior Member
    from iowa

thats a ways up there

14. wideout

wideout Senior Member
    from iowa

I was really hoping for a couple small snows first so we can make sure everything is gonna be ok but i guess beggars cant be choosers

15. wideout

wideout Senior Member
    from iowa

Its gettin close to enough to start plowin almost cant contain myself

16. trqjnky

trqjnky Senior Member

i know. its a close call as to wether i go out or not. dont wanna piss customers off by pushing 2".

17. wideout

wideout Senior Member
    from iowa

i would go for it man you can piss them off by waiting too! i would rather get a phone call for doin to much than not enough

18. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

Good luck out there guys- Be safe; this could be a dangerous and equipment stressing storm.:drinkup:

19. trqjnky

trqjnky Senior Member

got all my accounts done! good times. ill get a couple pics posted'

20. mustangmike45

mustangmike45 Member

got a full plow in and a salt run. put 4 tons down of clearlane and damn that stuff works great! headed to hospital now to see my newborn son and then it looks like 8-14'' tommorow and wed. Have a great day guys!