1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

??? about timbren install

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by jay77, Jan 9, 2005.

1. jay77

jay77 Junior Member

ive gotta 04 ford f250 4x4 i was wondering how hard is it to put timbrens on the front and rear?? i put them on the rear of a 94 chevy half ton and it was easy but i didnt know with this truck bein newer and 4x4 if that would make it anymore difficult . thanx for the info
  2. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

The install on the front is really easy. You just unbolt the factory bumber stop and bolt the Timbren right in.
  3. LockedUP

LockedUP Senior Member

The rear is real easy also 15 mins if the stock stuff 2 nuts comes off easy.

Get em and do it they are nice.
  4. paponte

paponte Senior Member

Timbrens are extrememly easy to install. honestly on a new truck, I can't see the front and rears taking up more than an hours time. :)
  5. Plowbie

Plowbie Member

How are they on a '97 F150 to install?
    Truck handles the plow fine to use but the front end does drop a few inches when I lift the plow. Would Timbrens fix that or are they meant for something else?
  6. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

If all else fails zip off the bump stops with an air cut off. Newer trucks use rivets,Just be careful to not grind the frame too.
  7. raptorman03

raptorman03 Senior Member

Tibrens will work great for you, thats what they are for!! :waving: