1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

? about switching plows

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by J.R. LAWN & LANDSCAPE, Dec 4, 2002.

1. J.R. LAWN & LANDSCAPE

J.R. LAWN & LANDSCAPE Junior Member

I have a few questions for you guys. I just recently bought a new truck 03 F250 V10 crew cab. I ordered it with an 8' western poly pro plow. I also have a 00 F250 V10 and i want to put that plow on the 00 because its not as long as a truck and just better all around for what im going to be using it for. Will the wiring and front mount be a pain in the but ? How long will this take me? What do you guys think??

jim

2. Earthscapes

Earthscapes Senior Member
    from WNY

Why don't you just drop off the 00' and have them install it on it ????????????

3. J.R. LAWN & LANDSCAPE

I already have the truck with the plow on it. They wouldnt do it that way. So now i have to change it up my self.

4. J.R. LAWN & LANDSCAPE

5. SCAPEASAURUSREX

SCAPEASAURUSREX Senior Member
    from NJ

I just put a pro on my 95 F250 , the wiring is all plug in , was really easy to install , just follow the directions in the manual , which they should have given you with teh new truck if not call them or call western to get it... The frame was pretty straight froward too.. Had to drill 8 9/16" hole s , 4 in each side , then bolt up 5 piecs total actually 6 , and walla.. its done.. Took me a good solid day I would say, but I also had to assemble the plow itself too... The frame only took a few hours and thats cause I needed to go out and buy the drill bit and borrwo a friedns half inch drill for the bit LOL... anyway.. Its not too bad to do.. Good luck with the new truck...

6. J.R. LAWN & LANDSCAPE

Thanks for the reply ill have to get started...:drinkup:

7. Earthscapes

Earthscapes Senior Member
    from WNY

Sorry JR i didin't know that...... I took my snoway off a 01 F350 and it took about 3hrs total and i had to make sure eveything was perfect again(bumper alignment,,grill ,,wiring stuff like that. If you put both trucks side by side i can't see it taking you more than 5hrs. The nice part is all of your bolts are new and will come off easy. If you need to drill holes in the frame the best way is to buy a Step Bit that goes up to 1". Just make sure you use a starter bit first and lots of lube.