1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

? About ST & 22

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by aussem2, Mar 7, 2006.

1. aussem2

aussem2 Junior Member

on the snoway website it shows a ST series plow and a 22 series plow what is the difference between the two i notice the weight is different the st is IN tall and the 22 is 22IN but how is the 22 lighter than the other any help would be great i hope that all made sense some how

2. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

Yeah, I saw that too. I think it may be a typo. Not sure though. In any case, of your vehicle can take the taller plow I'd do it. that short plow, while it may work fine sure looks really weird. Taller plow will push more snow and stack better.

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

The 22 is a total redesign. The ST (also known as the 18 series) has a totally different mounting system using three pins vs. a totally spring loaded nothing to lose mounting system, and the EIS headlight wiring.
    The 22 will totally replace the 18/ST in the next year. Be careful with Snoway weights, they offer a poly wearedge for the ST and the 22 which is significantly lighter the the standard steel wearedge. Be sure you are comparing apples to apples. The 22 is a nicer system all the way around, a fresh version of the classic Snoway system, Go wireless it's worth it.

Heres a thread on the 22 and a jeep

http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=31821

4. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

there you go. Learn something new everyday.

5. aussem2

aussem2 Junior Member

blazer ok

do you guys think a 95 blazer could handle a 22 i know timberns would help but anyways do you think it could handle it would do driveways thank for all the input

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Installed 3 last year. Customers love them. While I recommend ladder frame vehicles for plowing the people who I know that use these trucks are happy with the way the 22's are performing.