1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

? about SIMA

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by MatthewG, Sep 12, 2010.

1. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

Id like to join SIMA. Do most of you who belong find it helpful?. Id like to take a look at any bid sheets and contract samples they may have, since I am lacking in that department.

I also read on here some time ago you could get a free jacket for joining, is this still the case??

Thank you

2. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

yes it is very helpful, you get discounts to workshops and other events they hold.
    As for the jacket. Ya there is a guy on here that was giving them away but idk if he still is.

3. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

JD Dave gives out the jackets if you use his name when you sign up... Plus you save $50 yourself...

Im not sure if the membership drive has started yet...

and yes, some of the sample stuff on the website is useful

4. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Thanks Chad. You can sign up now for $130.00 and get a free jacket from me if you use me as a refferal. I'd love to give you the contract samples and such but I don;t think Sima would like like that. http://www.sima.org/displaycommon.cfm?an=1&subarticlenbr=225

5. ff610

ff610 Senior Member

Hey Dave! I already sent him a message yesterday! Now I'm never gonna be able to beat you! LOL! I still never got my jacket either Dave.... Either way, no matter who you sign up under it's well worth the money. Plenty of people willing to help out so go for it! Ask if you have any questions.

6. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Did you PM me your info? Sima does not contact me with the people that reffer me. If I owe you a coat you'll get it. I appologize if it was an error on my end. Send me a PM with the name you signed up under, address and coat size.

7. deicepro

deicepro PlowSite.com Addict

What do the jackets look like?

8. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

9. JayD2

JayD2 Senior Member

10. ajslands

Yes sir! SIMA helps with all types of snow and ice management bossiness's you do, whether it be industrial, commercial, or residential. you should talk to Brian Birch i believe his name is, he is the coordinator and wonders on over to this site every once in a while.

but yes it can help him if he applies the knowledge they provide for him...

i signed up for sima a few months prior to this and went to one of their workshops, i thought it was going to be too advanced for me, but when it was over, i realized that it was very good information that was given, and they provide all the materials you'll need and their are helpers that go around that will assist you if you need help.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2010
  11. JayD2

JayD2 Senior Member

These workshops, do they have them all over and what do they charge to attend?

12. ajslands

Yes they do, but I think they concentrate more on the northeast and upper Midwest. As far as events in pricing, they range but if your a member you get a pretty good discount, I think it's like 50$ discount on events. Check out Sima.Org and go to events and it'll show you pricing. It may look a little pricey, but some if not all of hose courses are 8+ hours and includes lunch and discount on hotels. Also some last more than a day.

13. JayD2

JayD2 Senior Member

OK, thanks....I will read up on it...

14. ajslands

:waving: sure thing :waving:

15. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

They also have quite a few webinars. If your into driveways Paul Vanderzon has done one and he will give you endless idea's to aspire for.

16. JayD2

JayD2 Senior Member

That sounds good......thanks for replying

17. ajslands

If you go to one of the workshops, they give you a free pass to a webinar

18. JayD2

JayD2 Senior Member

OK, thanks..

19. ajslands

One more thing... It needs to snow!

20. Trim

Trim Junior Member
    from Midwest

Hey Dave
    I just signed up at SIMA and used your name....What info do you need to send me a coat

Thanks for the deal

Don
    Trim Services