1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

? about pro wings

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by willie dexter, Feb 14, 2008.

1. willie dexter

willie dexter Member

is there any way to adjust the forward angle of the wing? im looking more for forward control than a extention. if the pro wing does not have a decent amount of forward pitch,is there any other brands that do? thank you,willie

2. purpleranger519

purpleranger519 Senior Member
    from Kansas

Danger Wings have a great deal of pitch. I've been trying to get a set since the beginning of January but still haven't heard anything. They fit the pitch of the blizzard Plows. You can look at the Wings on Jerre's Website....here is a link http://jerres.com/danger_wings.html

From what Ive heard they are the best thing out there, but it appears they don't have alot since I've waited over a month & a half and still no word on when I might get some.

3. willie dexter

willie dexter Member

i wonder if they will work on a western pro plow? and how much r the danger wings?

4. Snowpower

Snowpower Senior Member

Who cares if you cant get them they might as well be free.

Just buy the pro wings and modify them like everyone else does in one fashion or another to accomplish your goal or improve the design.

It's the best 200 dollars I have ever spent in business, or otherwise.

5. purpleranger519

from Kansas

Ive have 2 pairs of pro-wings now...so I use them, but pro-wings are made cheap and we are always replacing them. They just dont hold up. You look at those Danger Wing's that Jerre makes and you know youll never tear it up. The guy that have used them say they wont ever buy Pro-wings again. And I'm glad I'm not replacing ours at $200 a pop. Why you paying soo much?? NT sells them for 149.00. and thats with free shipping.

6. DUMZ

DUMZ Senior Member

I've added gussets to my pro wings and replaced the rubber cutting edge with UHMW. There hands down way better then strait out of the box. Plus I dont leave them on all the time. I only use them in the bigger lots that i do. Small lots, and drives I take them off.

7. Snowpower

Snowpower Senior Member

I paid like 169 at angelos, but upgraded the bolts and have a few dollars invested in re engineering them to suit my needs and I have smacked them against every curb at every commercial I do. I have smacked them going backwards against those yellow building poles.

Basically without trying I have put them through the ringer.

I have them mounted in stock fashion with longer bolts..."On a Poly Blade"

I dont know how or what you guys can possibly be doing to these things and I find it hard to believe you can put them under more stress than I have, but mine are fine for another year with a little tune up, and even if I had to replace them once a month they would be worth every penny from a production standpoint.

I did the same sites last year without them and a straight blade. The same blade I have now and have cut production by half ....or better.

You guys keep talking about Jerres home made wings like they are available to you or something.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2008
  8. Snowpower

Snowpower Senior Member

Oh and I havent taken them off since I installed them. I see no need to.

9. willie dexter

willie dexter Member

what,they are not available?

10. purpleranger519

from Kansas

They are advertised on his website and I have traded emails with him on purchasing them, so I'm not sure what he is talking about.

11. RipT

RipT Senior Member

Snowpower, Is your Poly plow a Western? I have seen a few posts & pics of ProWings on a Meyer, but not on Western. Would like to see pics of mounting details if yours is on a Western Poly.

Thanks