1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

? about moutning plow on 03 truck

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Newnamlawn, Dec 19, 2003.

1. Newnamlawn

Newnamlawn Junior Member

I have a 03 chevy 3500 duramax and am getting ready to put a plow on it finally. My question is, do i have to take off the lower plastic part of the bumper that houses the factory fog lights? Or can i just cut the part out around the toe hooks and leave the factory fog lights mounted. Thanks for the help.

2. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

You can notch out the opening for the tow hooks and leave the plastic valance,it may scrub a little bit in the center but not bad.

3. Newnamlawn

Newnamlawn Junior Member

thanks for the quick response. that is what i was hoping i could do. I am getting ready to order a blizzard 810 to mount and i am doing the mounting. So i wanted to have everything worked out before i got it in here. thanks again

4. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

Perhaps i spoke to soon:( I deal Fisher plows and those mounts allow you to just notch the valance,i'm honestly not sure about the Blizzard though:confused: Hopefully someone else here can clarify?