1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

? about Boss joy stick controller

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by yankeerose, Feb 11, 2011.

1. yankeerose

yankeerose Junior Member

I was wounder if there is a difference in controller's I have a rt2 v-plow with a toggle switch box and someone gave me a joy stick vplow I saw it work on his truck but when I plug in on my truck it works great except when I lift it up it wont lift up in the v position But it will lift up in a scoop position any input thanks yankee

2. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Will it lift angled to either direction? When you have your rocker box on it does it lift in scoop? Could be a weak lift cylinders, or motor on the pump,

3. yankeerose

yankeerose Junior Member

the rocker box does everything its supposed to its the joy stick I cant get it to raise in the v position it will raise bin the angle and in the scoop but not in the v position thanks

4. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

Hmm, everything should be the same for these too. I've heard guys take the handhelds and run their RT2s. Will the controller work on another vee blade and raise it in scoop? Say another RT2 if you have one around, but it shouldn't matter if its a newer plow either.

5. yankeerose

yankeerose Junior Member

I have 3 vplows and the switchbox works on all of them but the joy stick dosent

6. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

Sounds like now the joystick is shot. See if a dealer or a friend has a joystick you can borrow for a minute or 2 and try it.

7. x.system

x.system Senior Member

I had a rt2 that came with the switch box and wanted to upgrade the controller to a hand held. I plugged it in and it wouldn't work so I thought I had bought a junk controller but it turns out I had to do some extra wiring to get the newer controller to work. I think it was just a matter of grounding one or two wires in the truck side harness.