1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

? about a tacoma and a western uni-mount

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by kennyrain, Feb 24, 2009.

1. kennyrain

kennyrain Member

can anyone tell me if you can put a western uni-mount on a 2002 thru 2008 toyota tacoma 4x4 pickup? does western make an uni-mount undercarriage for these pickups? if so, would i be able to use a 7 1/2 ft plow?
  2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

The last year western list a uni for a tacoma is 2003. Dont know if they made any frame changes after that but the guide does start in 95 and shows the same mount through 03. Selection guide list a 6.5 sport utility, 6.5 and 7 standard, and 7.2 lsx. Mount will be a 62370, harness 61555, going to have to have the 61550-1 headlights which are different that what is usually on the uni's and if you have a truck with DRL's you will need a 61584 drl kit.

As for running a 7.5, it will pin up, dont think i would go with a pro, maybe a standard with some suspension upgrades.
  3. kennyrain

kennyrain Member

Thanks for the info!!:salute: