1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

? about a Bobcat 753

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by bcf, Jun 20, 2005.

1. bcf

bcf Senior Member

My dad bought a used 753 from the rental place, mostly just to toy around his house. I've been using it some, and the chain gear grinds prety bad, and turning it uses every last drop of energy it has. Is there some way to adjust the chain, where do I check for fluid, if any, and anything else other than filter and fluid replacements, and greasing, should I do/check. Thanks guys.

2. DavidD

DavidD Junior Member
    from sc

The Chain lube is located in the bottom Pan.The Plug is in the front of the machine under the Tie down Hole.It should be able to be removed with a 1/2" Ratchet as the hole should be 1/2" Square. On level ground the oil level should be at the bottom of the plug. It gets the Same hydraulic oil as the Hydraulic system.

There is no adjustment on the chains.The Chains and sprocket would have to be replaced. How many hrs does this machine have? Does it strain at full throttle ?

3. bcf

bcf Senior Member

No, it's a little rough at idle, but full throttle it's fine. Has a little over 2500 hours on it. It keeps going down to what seems to be an air leak that takes forever to bleed. But when it runs it saves my back and time. The chaincase fluid was fine, although dirty as anything. I need to set aside some time to change all the fluids and filters before it clogs. But man, I love using my gas not a**.

4. DavidD

DavidD Junior Member
    from sc

Most of them do strain to Turn at Idle. What keeps going down that seems to be an air Leak?

5. bcf

bcf Senior Member

I'm starting to suspect a hole in the tank. The Fuel gauge was jsut fixed, but once it gets around 3/4s full, it starts to die, until I back the throttle down then back up. This happens for a few minutes, until I decide to add some diesel, then it's fine. But when I add the fuel it starts dripping onto the ground, from the left side of the machine. I stuck a flashlight up ther but there isn't much room to see. If I flip the cage back can I get a better view of the tank?