1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

About 1 or 2 inches in NJ soo far with rain coming.....

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by cheesedawg1, Dec 14, 2003.

1. cheesedawg1

cheesedawg1 Junior Member

Right now in NJ we got about 1 or 2 inches and still getting more and I want to go out to my neighborhood and do some residental houses. EVerybody keeps tellin me there is not enough snow to do it. What do you guys think? When is there not enough snow to go out and make some money?

2. k1768

k1768 Senior Member
    from NJ

You must be up north Jersey. I'm in NW Monmouth County all we got was a dusting before it switched to rain/sleet mix. All that's on the ground now is some slush.

3. Fredeboy

Fredeboy Junior Member

their saying its gonna switch over to rain this evening, but gonna snow a little in the morning. Cheesedawg go out in the am. Let your customers now its gonna be slushie and heavy. I want out once already. i'll hit em again.

4. alwaysgreen

alwaysgreen Junior Member

hell it never even started to snow in So. Ocean county............and I hung the plow 4 nithin again

5. landscapingpoolguy

landscapingpoolguy Junior Member

got about 3- 4 inches here in passaic county. I did a round on my accounts. hoping for a lil more in the morning but it was raining earlier.

Chuck
    Perfect property Services Inc.

6. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

we got 1-1/2 today just a tease I figure :gunsfiring: :dizzy: my trigger is 2"

7. SIPLOWGUY

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

I was at JFK since 7 am. It was good untill 2 pm when it started raining. It got sloppy so we quit a little after 6 pm.

8. Here in lower Westchester we got about 5" It turned to rain melted about 2" then went out made some quick $$$$ god i love money

9. DIESELRAM30

DIESELRAM30 Member

I usually do my residentials at around 3 inches anything less is a waste of time unless it's only gonna be a 4" storm or so i will wait till it is over to go do my accounts

10. DadnSon

DadnSon Junior Member

You don't salt ?

I'm in the same area as you and had one place that needed plowing but, the others got salt.... cha-ching.
    The snow depth was variable and this place had 2 1/2" so, out came the plow.....another cha-ching.
    Even though it wasn't much, I alway's answer the door when opportunity knock's on it.

11. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

No I don't salt, I would like to, but I don't to screw this truck up. I'm going to buy an old beater and put my plow as well as some sort of salting apparatus on it next year.

12. Five Star Lawn Care LLC

Five Star Lawn Care LLC Senior Member

we waited until nite time to do them b/c 100% of our customers are industrial so no one was going to be in on sunday.....but we are in livonia and plowed and salted everything.

13. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

you guys plowed the 1" we got yesterday.... my mother lives on Middlebelt bet. 5 & 6 mile, she said they got 1" maybe 1-1/2, but most of it melted away.

If your customers are paying for plowing 1" your lucky, my industrial's don't want me there unless there is definitely 2" on the ground.

:)

14. Five Star Lawn Care LLC

Five Star Lawn Care LLC Senior Member

it all has to do with the situation....my all of my accounts are on one inch triggers.

the sittuation got a little hairy when it warmed up then froze which created a layer of ice under the snow...i wanted to expose the layer of ice and then salt it....the results that most were getting with just salt were not up to my standards, they were all leaving a slushy mess that it just as dangerous as if nothing was done...i am very happy with the results and didnt have any compants from any customers.

15. sodking

sodking Member

15" last night...Finally done and im going to bed

16. SIPLOWGUY

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

Sleep tight SODKING!:sleeping: