1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Able Strobes

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Mr Patrick, Feb 16, 2007.

1. Mr Patrick

Mr Patrick Junior Member

Has any one used able strobes? If so what do you think? Florawrecker.com has a 4 strobe kit 60 watt on sale for about $160 thanks Patrick
  2. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

I don't know about the Able's, but I would go for atleast a 90 watt strobe package. They show up much better in the day time. My local DPW put 60 watts in their pickup and you can't see them for anything during cloudy days, let alone in bright sun. It might just be their set up however.
  3. SnowGuy

SnowGuy Senior Member
    from NW Ohio

Able 2 Products

Able 2 Products are the best. All my trucks run their strobes and LED / Strobe mini light bars. I had a bad LED unit in one of my light bars that was almost 3 years old and I sent it back to them to have it repaired and they sent me a brand new LED bar, FREE OF CHARGE !!! You can't beat their products or their service !!! :redbounce
  4. nygiants451

nygiants451 Junior Member

Buy whelen

Dont buy anything other than whelen.....with whelen u get warranties and everything u need with no problems....a 60 watt whelen is perfect u see them all the time....i use them for fires and plowing theyre great
  5. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

I run 60watt supply to 4 heads.....15w per head is plenty as long as the head is not behind a very tinted or couldy lense
  6. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

The truck I saw them in was a town truck, so you know it has been beat. The lenses must be pretty foggy.
  7. M&M Services

M&M Services Senior Member
    from midwest

60 watts tend to not show up as good...I run the 90 watt Galileo strobes and they are awesome...