1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Able 2 hideaway strobe kit

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by groundbreakers, Aug 18, 2014.

1. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

i have an able2 strobe kit 60 watt 6 channel 4 cables and 4 clear tubes used the system for 6 yrs never failed me yet power pack in mint shape used a radio shack project box to seal it under the hood .... everything still works ... going with just a lightbar on next truck .... $150 plus shipping i can put it into USPS flat rate same unit today goes around $315 - $330 and back cables are longer then normal for 8 ft beds

cant seem to reduce the image small enough to put on here .. if ya want any pics just send me a pm with you email addy and i will send them to ya thanks

2. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

hmmmmmmm.

nevermind, i still have 4 strobe kits.

3. groundbreakers

ohh c'mon tom its a deal of the century ....... its half price lol

4. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

Not to sound ignorant but how does that lighting system work? I guess I mean I assume this system hooks into your head and tail lights?

All we run are roof lights but I like the idea of flashers in the head/tail lights.

How tough is this system to install?

5. tjctransport

you drill a hole in whatever light housing you want the strobe to be in, then insert the strobe tube.
    headlights are not usually used, because if the headlights are on the strobe tube is probably not going to be seen.

i put them in the blinkers in front, and brake lights in rear.

6. groundbreakers

bossman - umm not hard to put in just very time consuming but once in there sweet to look at night time ... hard part is routing the strobe cables from back of truck to engine bay i have 25 foot cables i ran from back side with about 5 feet of spare cable left .. power supply never saw weather sealed in plastic box

7. Bossman 92

Very interested. Where do you mount the power supply? I have a few accounts that the customers are not smart enough to stay out of our way while we are working...this may help with the " I didn't see you ". BS.

Also I assume a normal heavy duty alternator and a single battery would have no trouble with the drainage.

Edit....just re read that the power supply is mounted under the hood

Last edited: Aug 19, 2014
  8. groundbreakers

you can mount in the interior area .. but i wanted a clean look so i went to radio shack on grabed a project box just a black plastic box with a screwed on side panels and i mounted the supply in there and drilled 1 inch hole to allow strobe cables and wiring to come through wrapped it in wire loom and siliconed it ... proctected it from weather elements and found a carpartment next to the battery .... just hook it up to your battery and you will be fine ... then it has 2 wire for back lights and front lights ... case you only want back on ... then it has a pattern wire i think 25 different patterns .. its easy setup just time consuming to put in alot of wiring ... i can send a a few pics just need an email addy ..

9. groundbreakers

FYI - i had them mounted in the reverse lights ... talkin about getting attention .. lol ... better then tail lights .... if ya cant see clear flashing lights your blind ... never had issue from law enforcement ..

10. Bossman 92

Sounds like something I should play with lol...how do you prefer payment? Don't suppose you have video of the system working do ya? If not no big deal just thought it may be cool to see it in action. Or maybe a video of a similar system working?

Anyway let me know how to pay you and I will take it

11. groundbreakers

mm i can try to take video on my phone and send it to ya ... try youtube video type in undercover strobes lights and see what pops up ..

12. tjctransport

i mount the control box under the passenger seat, then drill a hole in the floor to send the wires through.
    as long as the box is protected from the weather it is good.

13. groundbreakers

here are the pics from the discription from above

able.jpg

able2.jpg

14. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

15. groundbreakers

bump.........

16. groundbreakers