1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Abaco mang. in Jersey

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by plowking35, Nov 28, 2001.

1. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

Got a call today from ABACO property mang. from New Jersey, regarding plowing a Blockbuster Video store in CT. Anyone ever hear of them and if what kind of rep do they have?
    Gotta love these people that wait this long. Like JA said, why dont they wait till snow is flying to call.
    All the message said need a bid and fax it to this number. No specs or anything. A good laugh for the day.
    Dino

2. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

Plowking I got a call from Konover out of Hartford today about a lot in my town. Kind of felt the same way. No I have not heard of them. What is the next step??? Guess which of the Blockbusters they are referring to?

3. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

Along these lines...
    I had gotten the bid for Jersey City School system (40 sites) one year out of curiousity. Its out to bid again this year & I just got the bid package & they're due December 12. That's responsibility!!

4. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

They can always just close the schools I guess. That surprises me though because here in CT as far as I know Towns plow their schools and other public buildings. At least around me this is true.

5. plowking35

from SE CT

Konover is huge, they have both both const. and mang. aspects of the company.
    They did at least leave me the address of the Blockbuster, I will have to do a drive by to peep it out.
    It is a bit out of my local, but for the right money I will travel.
    About 20 min in good weather, so I will have to figure 40 min to an hour in snow, but I have a lead on a local sub, so that may be a plan as well.
    Dino

6. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

They own a lot of shopping centers out here. They also did some construction on Western CT State University. I always worry about getting payments from big companies. Lots of papershoving in my experience.

I try to keep within 30 minutes here. I find there is pleanty of work in that range for me.

7. plowking35

from SE CT

I peeped the property and lined the sub today if needed. The proposal is being faxed this pm, and we will see where it goes from here. They had no specs at all. Trigger depth of 3".
    I mentioned that I will outline the specs when I look at the property. Then mentioned a very large hold harmless clause if they stayed with that trigger depth. The trigger is now 1/2" with ice control at first flake. Property has a good sized hill entering the driveway, but overall is less than 30000 sq ft, and all open except for two light poles.
    Would be nice to get it, but wont hold my breath. I am sure my pricing is a bit high,but if I do get it, would be a nice piece of coin.
    Dino

8. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

This time of year I always pad my bid a bit. I have my accounts lined up and everything else is a bonus. If I do not get the bid it is not a big deal.

This Blockbuster is in a private lot??? Most around here are in strip malls. I got to look at a strip mall tomarrow for a bid.

9. plowking35

from SE CT

yes private lot