1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Aanco Wipers: FAIL!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by cjasonbr, Dec 21, 2008.

1. cjasonbr

cjasonbr Senior Member
    from Mass

I bought 2 sets of Aanco Profile wipers for the snow season. Today i was getting in from plowing and liftend up the wiper to slap it against the glass to get the ice off and the plastic mounting thing that held it to the wiper arm broke off!! and the wiper just fell off the arm.

I was like wf?! But figured it was bad luck. I went to check my other truck and the plastic thing was already broken of one of the wipers and the wiper just fell off when i lifted the arm. Then i was like WTF?!?!!?!?!?

Needless to say everywhere was closed and it took me forever to find any wipers - and all i could find was 3 because everywhere was picked clean. Lucky thing i had an old set of summer wipers too.

I won't buy anything Aanco again, especially wipers - i bet all their wipers use the same plastic mounting hardware too.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2008
  2. PowerWagon

PowerWagon Senior Member

Yeah got to say I had see same problems. That's why I did not buy it b/c of ice build up and hard to clean off!

3. CAT MAN

CAT MAN Member
    from county

we just bought the winter blades for grandpas truck. every year they seem to make them cheaper and cheaper. Im running rainex blades right now but there a summer balde seem to work ok if you keep the snow and ice off of them.

4. 042500hd

042500hd Senior Member

I just bought a st of Bosch winter blades. At $40 a set they are pricey but work great.

5. SnowGuy

SnowGuy Senior Member
    from NW Ohio

Try the new RainEx winter blades, they are AWESOME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

Try the bosch/Michelin/who-ever-else is selling them- the single arm thing. Bosch priced at $20 each, michelin @walmart for around $12 I think.

I run Triple Edge Silicone- lifetime guarantee. Already had them replaced once, about to have it again as the paint has worn off the frame and the hinges are loose so uneven tension. They are open frames and do freeze the frames but the blades themselves never freeze to the glass.