1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

a wider wideout

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Hysert, Dec 18, 2015.

1. Hysert

Hysert PlowSite.com Addict

So I perfer wing blades over V's.. I had are V3 with wings on my truck for 2 seasons and a older mvp on the pickup, I bought this wideout at the end of last season for a good deal! As I've missed it cause I had one years ago! Thought the V with wings would be the same but it's not IMO!! Nothing windrows like wing blades.. I was gonna get a snowex 86/11 but with are doller so bad 11k wasn't gonna happen so I extended the wideout! I kinda feel more comfortable with poly edges over the steal ones on the wings anyways.. I had some pieces of poly made 23x8 and slightly harder then OEM.. I also added shoe brackets so once it gets a few hrs on it to wear everything in I will mount the shoes, my thoughts are the shoes will carry some of the weight so I don't get excessive wear on the edges of the poly and hopefully minimal chatter, will see?? Was a vary simple job and when I was done around $500... if it don't work, nip a few welds and back to normal..

2015-12-18 12.16.01.jpg

2015-12-18 12.16.54.jpg
  2. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

Neat, I do miss having wings since my blizzard but for the lots I do the v is enough. So you added a foot!? 6 " either side???
  3. rjigto4oje

rjigto4oje PlowSite.com Addict

Look good I was thinking about doing that to my buyers wings any thoughts on this
  4. Hysert

Yep 6"... not sure about the buyers? Can't see why not? Good luck!!!
  5. LapeerLandscape

LapeerLandscape PlowSite.com Addict

Nice neat job..:nod:
  6. Hysert

Just a update. Put about 16hrs on the modified wideout and beside some paint coming off the extentions are holding up fine and the poly edges are wearing nicely.. after not having a wideout for a few yrs I sure missed it
  7. racer47

racer47 Senior Member

nice job .i think the wideout is worth every penny i spent on mine . would love to do mine like yours .