1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

A Wee Bit Of Snow In Ct. Tonight

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by danno, Jan 16, 2005.

1. danno

danno Senior Member

Looks like were`re getting some here in CT. tonight. 2-3 inches. Better than nothing. :nod:

2. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

We are supposed to get a noreaster tonight and tomorrow with 8-10-12 plus inches. Not sure yet. As Martha would say "And that's a good thing" Need the
    money. Starving on my Blizzard plow repairs. Just call me the Maytag man of snow plows. :)

3. danno

danno Senior Member

Seems like in this neck of the country, were`re getting the LEAST of any type of weather problems to deal with. :eek:

4. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

Connecticut never has bad weather..few snow storms few rain storms most of the time we dont even get a good thunderstorm :rolleyes:.....Looks like atleast a salt run tonight, maybe have to scrape the commercials.

5. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

Ok maybe a little bit more snow than i thought.

Snow Advisory - URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE HAS BEEN ISSUED FOR NORTHERN MIDDLESEX COUNTY VALID FROM SUN JAN 16 2005 04:45 AM EST UNTIL SUN JAN 16 2005 11:00 PM EST.

NORTHERN MIDDLESEX CT-NORTHERN NEW LONDON CT-SOUTHERN MIDDLESEX CT- SOUTHERN NEW LONDON CT- 438 AM EST SUN JAN 16 2005 ...
    THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN UPTON NY HAS ISSUED A SNOW ADVISORY FOR LATE THIS AFTERNOON THROUGH TONIGHT... SNOW WILL OVERSPREAD EASTERN CONNECTICUT THIS AFTERNOON AND CONTINUE TONIGHT. ACCUMULATIONS OF 1 TO 2 INCHES CAN BE EXPECTED BY THIS EVENING. BY THE TIME THE SNOW ENDS MONDAY MORNING...A TOTAL OF 3 TO 5 INCHES CAN BE EXPECTED. WINDS WILL INCREASE OVERNIGHT AND MONDAY...LIKELY CAUSING BLOWING A DRIFTING OF THE SNOW

6. Kramer

Kramer Senior Member

Looks like 1-3 at best for Western Massachusetts :cry:

7. neversatisfied

neversatisfied Member
    from ct

I just heard 1-3 for the western side of ct and 2-4 for the eastern side of ct.It definetly has been a calm winter but it still is early.

8. PLANET

PLANET Member

Cmon mother nature,Gimmie at least 2". lol
    :waving:

9. 2004F550

2004F550 Senior Member

We'll be plowing for sure, gonna be way too cold to even let an inch sit around, it would turn to shear ice in a couple days.

10. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

That will be an issue i have to face. The commercial accounts no doubt plow.. but my residential accounts mostly have a 2.5 or three inch trigger.If we only get two inches it surely isnt gonna melt with the temps forecasted.

11. ChipsEarthWorks

ChipsEarthWorks Senior Member
    from CT

I say plow you res any way and deal with them complaining about you plow below your trigger or listen to them when the 2 inches dos not melt for a week and it turn into a Ice Skating rink and they fall on there arss then cry because you did not plow.... Better safe than sorry is the way I look at it

12. korelandscaping

korelandscaping Member
    from CT

Inch plus

Everyone on my route is getting plowed...the snow won't be melting anytime soon!

13. ffshuter

ffshuter Junior Member

On Cape Cod we may get 10 - 12".

14. Mikelandscaping

Mikelandscaping Senior Member

3-5 inches in eastern CT most falling on the RI border

15. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

i heard 3-6 for coastal ct

16. Mikelandscaping

Mikelandscaping Senior Member

Plow when did you hear this and when?

17. 2004F550

2004F550 Senior Member

I saw it on accuweather.com

18. empire

empire Member

weather-

It seems strange how these storms are just creeping up on us. no warning.what time is it gonna start? payup

19. sbrem

sbrem Member

Here in Vermont it sounds like it will be just 1" - 3" as well.

Stephen

20. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

accu weather