1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

A Virgin ASV

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Advantage, Aug 20, 2009.

1. Advantage

Advantage Senior Member

Looking for input on pushing lots with an RC-50. Its newly aquired and is great for dirt work but does anyone have snow experience with one? Going to either put a small pusher or an existing 8' snowbucket, that is once I get the door/windows and heater installed. Thoughts?

2. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Go for it. ASVs are sweet. The only bad thing about them in my opinion is that the cabs are second rate. None the less, you'll be able to push a lot of snow with what you've got.

3. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

I have an RC50, Push with it, and love it. We have used an 8ft box, and various snow buckets on it.

I like using my 7ft light material with large spill gaurd on it the most. But it did do real well with the 8ft pusher, but not so much with a 10ft.

Traction isn't a probelm, and the ground speed is just as fast as some other brands high speed..

J.

4. Advantage

Advantage Senior Member

Sounds good so far. I'm excited to see it push, in fact I think i'll give up my truck for the first push so I can be the first to try it out. I was concerned about it being able to handle the 8 footer seeing as tho its only a 50hp 5500lb. machine but thanks Peterbilt, that's what I was looking to hear.

5. Advantage

Advantage Senior Member

And you're right about the cab, I am not real impressed with that area, they must put all of their effort/technology into the track systems. You should see how much they want for a door!

6. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

I added the delux cab kit to mine. Door, heat, windows, and the sound kit. All was worth it.

I do have trouble with the lower left window. I need to mount it on the outside of the cab. The heater vibrates against it thus causing it to break the window. Which sucks, because they are around $200 to replace. We have had 2 break in 3 years.

Sound kit isn't needed, but its real nice to be able to hear your phone ring in the cab. Plus its quiet enough to not give you a headache.

I think my kit cost something like $3500. Totally worth it.

My PT80 came loaded and we all like the cab on it. Way better than the RC series and the newer version PT's

J.