1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

A solenoid test for E47 pump?,,, where to buy?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by berg, Nov 28, 2010.

1. berg

berg Member
    from utah

right in the middle of plowing my plow won't go down.:mad:
    I checked the black wire and have power to it from the switch but not magnetism at the housing on the "A" solenoid.
    pulled the solenoid and put direct 12v to it and nothin...

I put the black wire from the "A" solenoid to a jump box to the red pos clamps)( +) and the black neg clamped (-) around the solenoid housing itself.
    I assume the ground is thru the housing correct?
    Any other way I should test the solenoid... ohm meter ?
    if so what setting?

also... since I'd better get a new solenoid do you suggest valve and solenoid or will I be ok with just the solenoid?
    If I crack the big nut on the vale the ram will go down so I think my valve is OK.
    Where is a good source for price and fast shipping on these A solenoids?
    Need ASAP

Last edited: Nov 28, 2010
  2. wva

wva Member

to check the valve remove it and take something a small nail and push in on the bottom of the valve if it moves freely it should be fine also i would chain up the plow or use a jack to hold the blade up to releave the psi. on the valve when you remove it with weight on it fliud will go all over. if the solenoid has no magnetism it is bad. I got one few months ago from Smith bros. I think it was $40 or so with shipping hope this helps:waving::waving: