1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

A snowplower's biggest enemies?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Sno4U, Feb 24, 2007.

1. Sno4U

Sno4U Senior Member

What are your biggest enemies during plowing/salting?
    1. Other people on the road during a storm who just clog up the works and make it harder for U to get to the next job quickly?

2. Speed-going to fast that you have accidents, tear up stuff, break stuff?

3. Over tired?

4.Poor equipment?

5. Poor planning-if any at all? Doubling back to take care of the all important PITA customer!

6. Poor forecasting by the weather idiot? Even the best plans can be composed only with the information at hand.

7. Stupid people on your crew who always have a problem during any given event?

8.Distractions-cell phone calls while your trying to work?

Any others?

2. AndyTblc

AndyTblc Senior Member

How about when people come out of their homes and start a conversation with you.

3. Stuffdeer

Stuffdeer Senior Member

I find that they come out more so, when you are sitting on a lawn tractor or ATV.

I hate poor weather forecasting

4. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

A place you were given to plow that you know nothing about and is not marked !
    You don't know the hazards, the curbs, the drains and speed bumps or the pot holes.
    You get sent to plow a total unknown place!

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

I only have three.......spring, summer and fall.:D

6. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Single car parking next to the handicapped spots!!!

Gravel lots. Although I have not had to do one for a couple of years those are the biggest PITA to get looking decent when done.

Cold coffee in my cup when I take a swig.

7. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

LOL

How about the longest traffic light at 3am with no one around but the cop sitting in the 7-11 parkinglot at the corner.

8. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

It's midnight green for me, or a delayed "yield". I figure, give it a reasonable amount of time, and if it's clearly being ridiculous for the time of day, I'm going.

9. FGLMOW

FGLMOW Junior Member

Stupid people parked in fire lane that flip you off, when you tell them to move.So you can plow and salt.

10. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Because I plow with an atv, my biggest problems are- packed down snow, deep and wet snow, and ends of the driveways full of snow from the road plow (hard to get through sometimes)

11. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Heavy wet snow that freezes solid. There is nothing worse than that (besides wrong forecasts).

12. lodogg89

lodogg89 Senior Member

people running into your only plow truck while it snowing and making it un usable

13. cornbinder

cornbinder Senior Member

stupid people that try to quickly get past you, when your backing up while plowing or salting, and people that stand inside the gas station for a half hour watching you plow while their vehicle sits right in the way!! then they get pissed off when i back up to the front of their vehicle and hit "blast" on the ol" pro flo and they end up with a windshield full of salt!!! i love it i love it!!!! LOL later, pete

14. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Lol, ya that would deff cause problems. Btw, sorry to hear about your nice truck getting smashed.

15. all seasons

all seasons Member

you get much snow in cuba?

16. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

Having to take a dump in the middle of the night and no place is open and far away from the house

17. andrewlawnrangr

andrewlawnrangr Senior Member

the phone calls of all my ex girlfriends wanting to see if i can clear their driveway... i say yeah when im done and if u put out.........

18. Sno4U

Sno4U Senior Member

Ya, those last 2 are thee best! I have an illness and (bad guts) and have had to deal w/ the no plave to "go" issue. That's the only time your thankful to have a 24hr gas station on your customer list.
    and as for the second reply. Does that go something to the effect "for every inch of snow, she gets...." ya ever hear that joke about "6 inches of "Snow" in "June"? ...guys named roy Snow and his girlfriend named June.

19. Up North

Up North Senior Member

no snow.

Buck

20. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

Now we are talking its a booty emergency