1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

A slightly smaller plow (in scale)

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Plow Chaser, Jan 13, 2004.

1. Plow Chaser

Plow Chaser PlowSite.com Addict

Hey guys, I'm new to this site. A former Upstate NYer, now living in Northern California. I love snowplows, have an absolute obsession with them, but the snow and cold drove me west! However I am an avid collector of anything I can find on snowplows. I also scratchbuild 1/25th scale snowplow models. Here is a Paystar 5000 I built from an AMT kit, added everything else from scratch. Viking Cives and HiWay spreader brochures along with a lot of drafting is what I used. Thanks for looking.

Ryan

paystar back view.jpg

2. Plow Chaser

3. Plow Chaser

And one more!

paystar plow.jpg

4. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

That's cool! :yow!:
    How long did it take to make that?:waving:

5. Plow Chaser

It took about 50 hours or so. I'm working on another one right now. When that's done, I'll post some pics!

Ryan

6. paponte

paponte Senior Member

Now that's being creative. Looks good man. I'll pay you to make a scale of my truck. ;)

7. QMVA

QMVA Senior Member

You should make a RC model that you can use for cleanup.:D :D ;)

8. ih82plow

ih82plow Senior Member

beutifull work with excellent details.

I used to love working on models.

9. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Yeah, if you could make one just a little bit bigger out of an rc car, I could use it to do my walks and not have to pay a sidewalk guy anymore!:D :waving:

10. 84deisel

84deisel Senior Member

If you do decide to sell any please let me know .That truck looks great!

11. Plow Chaser

Hey guys, thanks for the many compliments on the snowplow. I didn't put up these photos to start a business, but I see some of you are interested in having one made for yourselves. I've been approached before to built some of these for customers, but never jumped on it. Email me at rpedone@accessbee.com if you might be interested. We might be able to work something out.

Thanks,
    Ryan

12. wrangler

wrangler Junior Member

does the plow move up and down side to side?????????

13. Plow Chaser

The plow is fully functional, and so is the wing. It's the real thing, just smaller!

14. nachoschevs

nachoschevs Member

SNOWPLOWFAN,
    That thing looks so good. I cant believe the plows are actually working. You seem to be very good at what you do. Keep posting pics of your other creations. I never get tired of seeing model trucks, or any other type of model;)
    Nacho

15. crashz

crashz Senior Member

Excellent craftsmanship! That is so realistic. Good Job!! :drinkup:

16. SIPLOWGUY

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

I swear when I retire I'm going to a warmer climate, but how will it look riding around with the plow on in Arizona?

17. Plow Chaser

Your truck would look great in Arizona, plow and all!! Heck I see some trucks here with plow frames on them. Leave the cold, its bad for you!! Hence why I left NY. Look how cold its been there!