1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

a shoe question

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by AUB1, Jan 6, 2009.

1. AUB1

AUB1 Member

At the risk of sounding stupid I'm going to ask this anyway. I have a '70 something spedcast..Suburban.this year added to the fleet by getting a MM2 on a '97 GMC half ton. I didn't find the shoes on the old plow much of a problem but I'm finding the ones on the mm2 are digging in alot...makes me cringe when I'm plowing on dirt. The ground here is quite frozen now too. Wondering if I'm doing anything wrong. I have them so the blade is like half an inch off the ground but the shoes are digging in like crazy.
    Another thing. This might be a stupid question but why are shoes flat on the bottom? Why aren't they rounded up on the front like a little boat? Go easy on me, hell of a good lookin' Man but I ain't too bright
    Thanks

2. well the shoes are right height. cause mine are the right height to ya the mm2 shoes are diffrent i dont know why but they are i think it is because the old one dig into the ground thats why the improved the shoes. the shoes are digging into the ground because the ground is alittle soft or the ground is unleved so thats why to so it dose it to me but this year i took my shoes off so i dont need to woirre about it any more.

3. wildbl1500

wildbl1500 Senior Member

Is your plow A Frame level when it is all the way down?

4. make shure the a frame is level cause you have three bolt holes in the a frame so you can change the height on the blade

5. AUB1

AUB1 Member

I'm pretty sure the blade in level but I'll check it again..I still think the shoes should be angeled up on the front and the back....doesn't that make sense?

6. Turbodiesel

Turbodiesel Senior Member

Attack angle ? Mounting issue maybe?

7. thats true