1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

a Sad Sight!

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by GripTruk, Mar 2, 2009.

1. GripTruk

GripTruk Senior Member

Truck's dead, missing out on the biggest storm this year, and had to SHOVEL the driveway!
    :cry:

sadplow.jpg

2. flakesmeangreen

flakesmeangreen Senior Member

Sorry to hear the bad news. What'd you guys get there? Looks like at least 8".

3. 24v6spd

24v6spd Senior Member

Wow that really sucks. Sorry to hear about it.

4. TLB

TLB Senior Member

By the looks of the table in the background it looks like 8"+

5. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

Whats wrong with the truck?

6. GripTruk

GripTruk Senior Member

Yeah, I don't know what the final tally is, probably 10 to 12 in some places.

The differential went just last week (10 bolt, no real surprise) and I'm in the middle of trying to get a new truck, I don't think it's worth for me to fix considering what I use it for... Have an '09 2500HD in my future hopefully!

-Jer

7. sparky8370

sparky8370 Senior Member

Remove the driveshaft and go easy in front wheel drive. I pulled out of a gas station broadside in my younger days and by the time I let it go straight I lost a u-joint. I went in to the gas station and got a metal coat hanger and hung my driveshaft up, put it in 4-wheel and drove home.

8. GripTruk

GripTruk Senior Member

Yeah, I thought of that, hehe...
    Well, I'd have to gut the differential case if I did that because the diff is cracked so it will most likely fall apart and jam up and lock one or both of the rear wheels or cause more damage. It's safe at home but i think its plowing days are finished.

9. Puddlejumper

Puddlejumper Member

Since you will need to upgrade mounts. Would you be interested in selling your old one?

10. GripTruk

GripTruk Senior Member

Yes, I definitely might be. In fact I'm probably gonna start pulling parts off it tomorrow. I'm 100% sure I won't be reusing the mount and the truck-specific electrical, I'm not sure about the isolation module yet... might be the same one i need if I go with the newer chevy.

I'll let you know when I get the stuff off the truck!

-Jer

11. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

You need to find yourself a 6 lug 14 bolt Semi floater.