1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

A Question (Western Midweight)

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by PhilDeez, Aug 22, 2016.

1. PhilDeez

PhilDeez Junior Member

I am in the process of switching over a plow from my old 06 Ram 2500 gas to a 08 Ram 2500 Cummins. I am done with the electrical portion of it, but now am starting on the mount. The previous bolts on my old truck stayed with the truck so I will need new ones. I understand that I will need grade 5 bolts and nylon locknuts. My question is what size of bolts (length and diameter) and what size should the hole be drilled through the frame? Thanks ks for your help in advance.

2. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

This isn't rocket science. Call Western. You guys don't want to do your own work, just have your questions answered. It doesn't work that way.

3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Westerns website, look up the library section, find your model and look at the install instructions. Should give you all the info needed

4. PhilDeez

PhilDeez Junior Member

I was unaware Western had a library section. Thanks for the help diesel. Thanks for contributing absolutely nothing Harley. I do my own work just had a simple question. Sorry I'm not all knowing like you.

5. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member