1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

A question for superduty owners

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by jsheedy75, Feb 3, 2004.

1. jsheedy75

jsheedy75 Member
    from CT

I have a 2000 Superduty with single rear wheels. It has a 7.5 fisher on it now. Its just too small. I was thinking of a Boss 8.2 poly v plow. Do you think that is wide enough to clear the truck?
    Right now i am driving on what I am plowing.
  2. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

If you do commercial and with an Sd I recommend you look at a Blizzard 810.
  3. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

7.5 is fine if your doing res and comm 8 is the best in lots but tight in some driveways
  4. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

a 8'2" boss v blade will make the snow clear the tires of a super duty. My boss has one and has no problems. Its an all around good setup. :D :D
  5. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

A SD needs at least an 8 ft plow to clear tires. A cheap way to get the with is a set of pro-wings, but if you going to buy new I'd go with the Blizzard....Chuck
  6. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

It's only the sharp turn's that kill me, but I have gotten used to it and figured how to deal with it :)
  7. wrtenterprises

wrtenterprises Member

I also have a 2000 Superduty x-cab. The current configuation is; 8' Wesern poly pro. My biggest complaint is the lack of a turning radius. I always seem to be running with the rear wheels outside of the plow's width. This, as we all know causes a snow/ice pack over time. I'm a " zero accumulation " guy, so I need no hassles. If you have a 350, try an 8.5'. I'm a big fan of having the option to go full width....
  8. bcf

bcf Senior Member

I don't have a SD, but a '90 F250 x-cab w/ a 7.5'. Like Eyesell, I only have probs with the real tight turns. But none of my drives call for it, except one. It's a circle drive, but it's to tight to turn around without the plwo, so I have to back up a few times regardless. I've been thinking of pro wings.
  9. chris wickson

chris wickson Junior Member

The fisher 8ft will clear the tires with no problem on my 2002 F-350. Rounding tight corners and short radius curves can sometimes leave a bit on the inside. Does anyone have advice for a tight left turn circular driveway. Should I keep the blade straight or angle it? I've been through it many times, and may ways, and it always seems to leave snot on the inside. I just would like to be more efficient. Please help.

Chris Wickson
  10. edrenckh

edrenckh Member

11. jsheedy75

jsheedy75 Member
    from CT

I thought that the new ones have a center shoe?
  12. edrenckh

edrenckh Member

The new ones do have a center show, but there are still lots of problems with it. When it's on and working, no problem.

It's a weak link though. Bolts break, shoe breaks, etc.

Call Boss and ask to speak with their service people. They will concur with me.....

Maybe the other plows are no better, I'm not sure.