1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

A question for Pro Season about prowings

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Makndust, Nov 29, 2004.

1. Makndust

Makndust Senior Member

Pro Season,

Just a quick question, is you Boss V a poly or steel? I have a ploy 9'2" Boss V and was thinking about pro wings. I am not familiar with the prowings at all so bear with me. Can you back drag with them on? Do they attach and de-tach fairly easily? I have some large parking lots to do, but also some bank drivethru's that I barely fit through the way my plow is now. can I attach those pro wings to a poly plow? Any info would be greatly appreciated from all.

2. ProSeasons

ProSeasons Senior Member

Hello Makendust,

I have an old steel Boss V with Pro Wings. Now having said that, I would not put Pro Wings on a poly snowplow. As remarkably tough as that poly plow is, it is only a plastic. Please be careful. There is a Turk-key style wing that will turn your plow into a small pusher box that the guys on here say will make SHORT work of those drive thru lanes you do. But it has a unique method of mounting. Don't use Turk-key Wings again for the reasons stated above (they mount to the mold board) Do a search on wings. Some one on here with a classic Mustang in his garage has a mounting technique you can use to attach wings to your poly plows metal frame. That would be a safer way of using a set of wings.

3. Makndust

Makndust Senior Member

Thanks for the response. I kinda figured that would be trouble, but I didn't know forsure were they bolted on.

4. snooker

snooker Member
    from Zone 7

ProSeasons,

If you had a new steel Boss V, would you put Pro Wings on it? Why or why not?

5. ProSeasons

ProSeasons Senior Member

H*ll yes!
    I wish I didn't wait as long as I did to put them on my old one. I'd mount those bad boys while the plow was still in the showroom.

Pro Wings make your moldboard wider. The wider the plow, the faster it is. The faster the plow, the less time it takes on an account. The less time we take on an account, the more accounts one can service. The more accounts one can service, the more money you make.

Which is the very premise behind the Blizzard line of snowplows.

Which is also the reason I'm buying a Side Wing.

6. RON66106

RON66106 Member

H*ll yes!
    I wish I didn't wait as long as I did to put them on my old one. I'd mount those bad boys while the plow was still in the showroom.

Pro Wings make your moldboard wider. The wider the plow, the faster it is. The faster the plow, the less time it takes on an account. The less time we take on an account, the more accounts one can service. The more accounts one can service, the more money you make

Exactly right production rate production rate production rate Prices are competitive enough but if your production rate is up you make more money in a shorter time period. I have a set of pro wings on a 8' Boss straight blade and it was the best money I ever spent. Ron