1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

A possible deal?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by McG_Landscaping, Sep 27, 2012.

1. McG_Landscaping

McG_Landscaping Senior Member

Last edited: Sep 27, 2012
  2. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

does not look to bad cheeck trans exhaust mannifolds should be a decent second truck low miles

3. snowplowpro

snowplowpro Senior Member
    from NJ

Check oil pan to see if it is leaking or rusted those years are known for that

4. Wilnip

Wilnip Senior Member

Funny you posted that. I saw it on craigslist today. I'm looking for a 3rd/ back up truck too.

5. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

that is not a bad deal. plan on replacing all the brake lines, and possibly the gas tank. also, plan on all 4 ball joints, trans service, and a tune up. if you do the work yourself, figure $1000 to put it in good shape.

6. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

oil ppans are a pain in those trucks i just fixed mine

7. snowplowpro

snowplowpro Senior Member
    from NJ

In the Diesels there a pain in a.. but the gas aren't that bad you don't have to mve anything right. I got to do mine in 5.8 liter

8. Plowtoy

Plowtoy Senior Member

Look for a cracked front axle. The E-60 isn't a bad plow, but you will probibly have to change the lift ram base seal a couple times a year (at least i had to on mine)

9. McG_Landscaping

Thanks guys. If i get time im going to.look at it. I actually have a complete meyer setup from an old truck i had and have a few spare motors etc. As far as mechanical my dads a mechanic so he can check over everything thoroughly and also fix any problems

10. dontgotsaclu

dontgotsaclu Junior Member

probably a big can or rot, look for something that is running daily

11. McG_Landscaping

Yeah i went and looked at it today and it was a pos. It.needed a new front axle new manifolds and looked like seals in the tranny?