1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

A plow & sand pricing example

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by BC Handyman, Oct 3, 2014.

1. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

I just did a snow quote for a customer I already do lawn for(tiny lil lawn out front)
    I thought I would share my pricing to others as an example of "what to charge"
    This property is 2 businesses so I was asked to give prices & split it(both are close to same size)
    Wish me luck that I'll get it.payup
    I was told back will be call in only since the gate is always locked & I can't get a key. I think on an average 2-3" snow the front will take about 15min, back about 20min
    Feel free to ask questons if you want.:gunsfiring:

westburn-wosley.jpg

2. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

O boy I would hate have keep track of that

I do per visit easier to keep track

3. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

I know we're in different market areas and we have different cost but it seems you're giving your work away.
    I've got a couple very simple lots that are next door to each other. Stack snow on opposite ends of the lots, no curbs. no obstructions. The larger lot (church) is .875acres, has a total of 320ft of walk, the walk next to the lot I'm able to clear with the plow on the truck. About 200# Sand/de-icer mix on the lot, about 30# of de-icer on the walks. Materials run about $15.00, total time (plow, shovel, spread) 40min (1-4").
    1-4"~$165.00
    4-8"~$215.00
    8-12"~$285.00
    The smaller lot (daycare is .250acres, 25ft of walk. About 70# Sand/de-icer mix on the lot (steep entrance), about 6# of de-icer on the walk. Materials run about $7.00, total time (plow, shovel, spread) 15min.
    1-6"~$75.00
    6-12"~125.00

church-daycare.png

4. BC Handyman

I got no walks, don't have to get out of truck, no obstructions either, although I would likely get out & shovel the doorway, just to be nice. I'm hoping the simplicity of the seasonal will make them choose seasonal. Also no expensive melt for this one....just plain ol rock salt & winter sand(sand & crush treated with salt brine) Front is .250acre exactly including entrances lol
    Buff: so your $75 1-6" is including sand/deicer on small lot? Cause mine is x2 of posted prices(each means each property) so my 1-6" plow & sand price would be $110 for front/blue .250 acre......the way I see it is your giving away your work;) Don't a big guy like you need to eat:laughing:
    You bring up a good thing to make clear to the customer though, is that the prices are for each business.

5. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Well dang...... Here I thought the posted prices were for the property not for each tenant and you were giving it away. I'd have a hard time selling my small lot for $75.00, good for you.

6. BC Handyman

Update: I got the contract! :) Per visit they decided they want, which is fine with me since the seasonal price was a little low based on # of usual events. Atleast I know I'll get payed for work I do.

7. MSsnowplowing

MSsnowplowing Senior Member

Wow, I second that.

I always subscribe to K.I.S.S.

Keep it simple stupid

Less paperwork and tracking means less stress and more time to drink :drinkup:

8. BC Handyman

Ya thats why I lowered seasonal price a bit, in hopes it would convince them to take the gamble...... Oh well I got a system for keeping track & I'm willing to bet that I come out with as much or more $ this way......I'll try to remember to update this thread at end of season so all can see what ended up happening. Per push trigger is 3cm(just over an inch)

Last edited: Oct 16, 2014
  9. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

That's the truth

I went from that to per visit
    The stress part when you get a call from a customer complaining that the radio said 3'' I charge For 5'' that's what, it was in the lot.

Now I have less calls on the bills and that's less stress more time to :drinkup: