1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

A picture the Ford guys will like

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by rb8484, Dec 28, 2009.

1. rb8484

rb8484 Senior Member

Well, put the GMC on the trailer to take her 50 mile to Grand Rapids to have the engine replaced. Truck developed a rod knock the other day, so we decided to put a new reman in her. Decided to trailer it up there......didnt want to throw a rod on the hightway and damage the core!

Sorry I didnt resize, I think part of photobuckets website is down as it wont let me resize.

[​IMG]

2. firefighter1406

firefighter1406 Senior Member

I had the same thing the other day with my brothers truck. It burned up the flywheel in his 2500 diesel so I pulled it over the the mechanic. I told him I had to stop for something and he said what? I said I have got to show the guys this. Sorry for the dark pics.

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

3. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

You should turn that towed truck around to face forward ..
    Your going to get a lot of wind drag facing back wards...

4. tuna

tuna Senior Member

You are kidding right?

5. vinny69

vinny69 Junior Member
    from canada

r u buying his gas

6. sjosephlawncare

sjosephlawncare Senior Member

how many miles are on the white gmc? Thats a good idea to put another motor in it because that style gm lasts a long time

7. MnDLawn

MnDLawn Senior Member

Wind really has nothing to do with it, but it would trailer better at speed with the engine in the front. More tongue weight = less fishtailing.

8. rb8484

rb8484 Senior Member

There was plenty of tounge weight. If I put her on forward, that is more weight on the tounge then I wanted.

9. cpsnowremoval

cpsnowremoval Senior Member

yeah that happens often
    makes me want to get in the towing biz alot of chevy dealers here in wisconsin

Last edited: Dec 28, 2009
  10. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Looks good!

11. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

I have a Ford and a GMC and I don't want to see it either way!!!

12. rb8484

rb8484 Senior Member

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

13. rb8484

rb8484 Senior Member

Yeah, I dont either, but I am a ford guy, so that picture is just fitting!!

14. Brucester1

Brucester1 Senior Member

just bought a GMC 2500. had just had a new jasper motor put in.

15. rb8484

rb8484 Senior Member

If you dont mind me asking, what did that jasper run??

16. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

The only reason the Ford is sitting level is because all the weight is on the rear of the trailer.

Ford....Chevy....blah blah blah. I'm just saying, it's not even loaded right. Try hauling that thing down the highway and tell us how much it fish tails. Or better yet, try jacking the wheel back and forth and see what happens. You may want pray before you try it at anything over 40 MPH.

17. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

how about a ford pulling a ford lol.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. rb8484

rb8484 Senior Member

I pulled it 50 miles on the highway with no fishtailing at 60mph. There was plenty of tounge weight. I am a truck driver, so i know how important the positioning of your load is. It did set the rear of the ford down about 2 inches.
    I was just cracking on the chevy being on a trailer behind a ford, not that the ford pulles it better than a chevy. I acually plow in that chevy, it plows great, I have nothing against chevy, I was just always raised around fords.:redbounce

19. rb8484

rb8484 Senior Member

LOL, been there and done that too!! Good lookin trucks!!

20. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

funny thing is there was nothing wrong with the f150. I just wanted to test the trailer quick haha.