1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? Explore this quick video tour of updates and enhancements. It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

A picture I saw..

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by grandview, Oct 18, 2007.

1. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

first_snow.jpg

2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

I'm going to guess that the storm happened toward the end of the season, in a place where they didn't get as much snow as was expected. The city DPW had to get rid of the salt from that season or else the shipment for the next season (which is probably the same amount each year) wouldn't fit. At least that is what happened here last season. The last few storms the city poured the salt on!

3. JeepPlow18

JeepPlow18 Senior Member

Yes that sounds right. Except I remember hearing if they don't get rid of this years then next year they get a cut on the salt. ( shipment is considerably smaller the next year). Thats really the same thing lol.

4. WingPlow

WingPlow Senior Member

a zillion pounds........i'd like to see the the salt shed that holds that lol

5. JeepPlow18

JeepPlow18 Senior Member

Probably takes up the entire neighboring town lmao:eek:

6. Dhouse

Dhouse Member

That looks like some pretty dangerous conditions.:D

7. JeepPlow18

JeepPlow18 Senior Member

I better put tire chains on before I lose it and slide off into a ditch:p

8. 09dieselguy

09dieselguy Senior Member

so true aint it.....

9. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

it probably has its own zip code

10. Wiseguyinc

Wiseguyinc Member
    from MN

hmmm

That is how it looks in front of the local Home Depot. They had employees dump 50 pound bags of salt all over the front of the store in big piles.Crazy. I think it qualifies as a salt flat now. Bring your rocket cars.:yow!:

11. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

i bet the kids had a snow day from all that snow:bluebounc