1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

A pic of my truck

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by VictoryRedK1500, Mar 31, 2003.

1. VictoryRedK1500

VictoryRedK1500 Member

Hello,
    As you can see I'm a new member here. I've been lurking around this site for quite some time, and I've found it to be quite wealth of information for me as far as trucks go. I really enjoy coming on here and seeing you fellas talk about plowing. I don't work my truck the way you guys do, but I thought some of you might like to see a picture of it. It's a 2002 K-1500 4.3 V6, Nvg 3500 5spd.

truck1.jpg

2. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

Welcome to PlowSite! :waving:

~Chuck

3. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

Hello Victory

Welcome to this fine site!!!!!

The truck looks nice and shiny.

Jay

4. myo

myo Senior Member

Welcome to Plowsite!:waving:

Truck looks good.

5. JCurtis

JCurtis Banned

Good looking truck !

were you planning on plowing with it?

6. wxmn6

wxmn6 PlowSite.com Addict

Nice looking truck! Are you going to be putting a plow on it? If so, what plow will it be? :D

7. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

Nice truck. A nice red Western snowplow would look nice on that nice red Chevy pick up. :D Welcome to PlowSite! :drinkup: Mike

8. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

Nice truck,hows bout a nice red MEYER plow though,I believe Mike97SS is a dealer and can get a good price:D

9. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

Lol, hes lying, I wouldnt be caught dead selling anything with the name Meyer on it, lol. ;) Mike

10. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Welcome to Plowsite!

Not sure how much snow you get in east Tenn, but I agree that a red WESTERN would look good.

-John

11. GLS

GLS Senior Member

Nice looking truck:)

Have you done any mods to it yet?

Did you install the nerf bars and bug deflector? Any kind of bedliner?

I'd like to get pair of nerf bars for my truck. Does $200 sound about right?

How do you like the 4.3? I had one in my 89 that I sold last year, and my parents blazer has one too (99).

Good luck with your truck:)
    Ryan

12. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

Me and Mike deal to Meyer haters not to Meyer buyers how quickly we forget.

Jay

13. VictoryRedK1500

VictoryRedK1500 Member

Thanks for the compliments on the truck, guys. I always wanted one like it, so I took the plunge last year. The only thing lacking is a 3/4 ton Duramax with the ZF 6 speed. But, that is far more truck than I need, plus it is beyond my means. We probably had a total of 15 or so inches of snow this year, which is a lot more than we have gotten in the past 6 years or so. Sunday morning, we woke up to a total of 2 inches, but it was only in the grassy areas. I did get to use the 4wd on the truck on a few occasions this winter and that put a big :) on my face. I originally come from upstate NY (Elmira), so I guess that is what drew me to this site. Even if i were to put a plow on my truck, i think it would be a bad idea because I don't think the 1500 front end could handle it. I'd say it would handle a 6.5'...maybe? I agree a red Western would be sharp on it. As far as mods on my truck, I have: 30% window Tint, Rancho 9000 shocks, Westin Chrome Nerf bars, GM molded splash guards, Lund bugshield. I plan on putting a set of Michelin LTX M/S as soon as the factory Goodyear Wrangler ST's wear out. The 4.3 does very well for me. It has plenty of power for what I use a truck for, and it will get around 23 mpg on the interstate. City driving nets around 15 mpg. 0ryan0, my Westin step bars were a little over $300....hope you are able to get some soon.

Tim

14. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

I have a 1992 Chevy 1500 and I have a Western Uni Mount 7.5' snowplow and it handles the plow great. This truck plows awesome, it seems there isnt too much that will stop it when it comes to snowplowing. Its been through 2 blizzards now, the one we just recently had in February and the one back in January 1996. I love the truck and couldnt be happier with the way it pushes snow. Mike :)

15. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

UMMM Mike...............
    you forgot to mention the fact that you NEVER check your fluid LOL right now you are probably running it on HYDRO FUMES.

Just bustin your balz buddy

Jay

16. SnoFoilFisher21

SnoFoilFisher21 Member

Beautiful Truck man!!!! oooooo mannnnn lol, id like to get my hands on that Philly lol

~Vinny~

17. ToyotaPower

ToyotaPower Senior Member

Sharp red color, look great...:D

18. VictoryRedK1500

VictoryRedK1500 Member

Thanks again for the additional compliments. Right now i'm in the process of searching for a class 3 hitch. I should have one by tomorrow.