1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

a nice suprise to see on my truck this morning

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Geary44, Nov 7, 2009.

1. Geary44

Geary44 Senior Member

i hate thieves

cut wires.jpg
  2. fireboy6413

fireboy6413 Senior Member

what was that a lightbar, it doesnt look like they got it.
  3. SuperdutyShane

SuperdutyShane PlowSite.com Addict

Were they trying to take the lightbar? Why didnt they just disconnect it? Or were they just being jerks and cut your wires? :realmad:
  4. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

It looks they did not get anything. That is good at least. I hate thieves also. I have been dealing with one this week also.
  5. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

Right next to the connector too...
  6. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

That's those smart midwest thieves...
    Why unplug it at the connector...
  7. exmark

exmark Senior Member

Put that german sheared to work that you have pictured in your profile picture.
  8. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

That suck and they sure didn't scope the situation to well before they tried it if they did they would have seen it was bolted down before they cut the wires.

It is quicker to just cut the wires instead of unplugging them.

:gunsfiring: :gunsfiring: :gunsfiring: = dead thief's in my book.
  9. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

I hate theft so much. They stolen snowplow lights, hoses, and pump off bronco when it was at storage they broke gate by drive though with junky truck.
  10. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Mill they stole your truck to break through the gate to steal the pump off your Bronco?
  11. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

my guess is that they didnt disconnect the plug because they most likely thought it would be quicker to snip the wires and be on there way.
  12. Geary44

Geary44 Senior Member

i got everything back connected now. i think they thought it was magnetic and just tried to cut the wires and pull it off and be on there way but the bolts stopped them for now at least, i hope they don't come back ! I HATE THIEVES
  13. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

Well to say my trucks not junk.

They use their pos truck. They stolen western hydraulic pump off plow frame on bronco.
  14. Snowplow71

Snowplow71 Senior Member

If you want you can always take a grinder and f**k up the threads on 2 or so bolts, so they can't just unbolt it... I agree, stay in bed and let the Shepard do the work... :eek:
  15. Scottscape

Scottscape Senior Member

More than likely its someone that needs that light for something
  16. That really sucks. Glad they didn't get your light bar. I use special security bolts now.

A buddy of mine who does solar powered roadside signs told my about this company called Bryce in Arizona after he had some very expensive solar panels stolen.

The So called "security Bolts" that are just a Torx bit with a pin is easy to get keys for.

These ones are unique and you can only get the drivers from them, The only downside is you have to buy at least 100. but a bag of the 1/4 -20 2" Tamlobe ones is under $100 and you only nee a couple to protect each item. They make some really high security ones but you need to buy very large quantities.

17. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

It would be great if you found the poor ******* who did it. Lately we have been having problems in the community with kids egging things. My 06 got hit over the summer and the other night my 97 and my landscape trailer...that stuff bothers me so much
  18. FEFMedia

FEFMedia Senior Member

Yeah this is why I dont leave my magnetic mount on over night. The gringo's (scrappers) around here have been doing just this.. cutting wires and taking them from people's trucks.
  19. JoeCool

JoeCool Senior Member
    from Canada

They likely cut the wires because they wanted the whole plug.... Just not smart enough to leave them selves enough wire to work with, lol.
  20. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Just another idea but do you do residential in the area you live? A mad neighbor could have done it because they dont like the strobe in the middle of the night. Your thought is more likely though.

With the name of your post I thought instead of taking something you woke up this morning, walked outside to find someone installed a new V plow during the night :rolleyes:. Why does that never happen