1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

a newbie needs advice on basic wiring??

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by coreyod21, Oct 8, 2012.

1. coreyod21

coreyod21 Member

Hello I just purchased a 7'6" Snoway MT90 plow for my 97 Chevy z71. I bought the set up used for only $750 so I figured its a good price for my first plow. I managed to mount the the undercarriage fairly easy because im a gear head but the problem is Im the worst when it comes to electricity. My plow didnt come with a light bar so I didnt have to worry about that. I thought I just needed to route my wires red to the positive terminal and black to the negative terminal. Did that and did the start up sequence for the controller ( on-off button, up, down, dp button,then on-off button) but the controller still didnt work.:dizzy: Did I need to splice into the negative wire and ground it to the frame or is there something else prob wrong. Sorry if this is a dumb question im just a young newbie. Thanks in advance!!:help:

2. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Is It a wireless controller?

3. coreyod21

coreyod21 Member

No its corded . i tested the wiring pluging it directly into the plow like you for the easy on procedure because i have to order a connector for the control wire for the truck

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Does the controller turn ON? is it back lit? who told you it used that start up sequence?

the power/ground needs to go directly to the battery there are no other wires needed.

Did you check the fuse(s) under the pump cover?

5. coreyod21

coreyod21 Member

No the back light doesn't light up. the start up order is stated in the manual. no i haven't checked the fuse under the cover . Is there just a fuse box with fuses under the cover or is there an in line fuse?

6. coreyod21

coreyod21 Member

I just removed the cover and i couldn't find any fuses.

7. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

They are encased in black weather-proof covers, you have to remove the cover.

8. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Ok the lights do not light. So there are lights?

I'm guessing that plow is a 2002/2003 and the controller has been replaced since then. after the first year they were back light and the starting sequence changed to hold the down pressure and on/off button at the same time.

9. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Shot me an email if I can help:waving:

10. coreyod21

coreyod21 Member

wow thanks alot the start up sequence for my plow controller was my problem! Thumbs Up You really now your snoway stuff you even got the year model right. It works great. I did notice that the passenger side angle cylinder started to leak when testing out the operation. After further inspection I noticed that the front mounting bolt was broken. Is my angle cylinder bad? I also noticed that the plow didnt lift high enough for me to put the transportation block between the lift cylinder. The plow did slowly drop . Why is this? Is this normal? Thanks again for your help!:drinkup:

11. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Could be it's normal for that pump. The first year they releasd that pump it dropped so fast they installed an orfice to slow it down. They went a little overboard:nod:pull the orfice and check, I'll bet it is .043 Try using a #43 drill (.089) you can use a 3/32 (.0938) but it be a little fast. it also could be thick fluid, dirty passages clogged filters, corrosion in the linkages and lift mechimisum or a combination of these issues.

you should find all the information you need here

http://www.snoway.com/service/Monarch Repair/MonarchRepairManual.pdf

http://www.snoway.com/service/Updates/97100740G.pdf

http://www.snoway.com/service/Owner Manuals/97100727E.pdf