1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

a new problem, anyone else have it!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by timewarp, Jan 12, 2008.

1. timewarp

timewarp Junior Member
    from mass

Hi everyone,
    I have been plowing this commerical 35k lot for 2 years and now there is some right way issue that was never a problem before. The other people, not who I 'm plowing for say its there land, but its a right of way, and when other plow trucks go through they put the snow on that right of way and it does not cause problems. Its not like I'm stacking or digging, I'm just wondering if anyone else has had to deal with this and what to do?
    Any info would be great!
    Thanks
    timewarp

2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Up here, you have to be aware of ROW issues all the time. Usually, ROW to a property will be on the deed. Anyway, just discuss the issue with the person you are plowing for. Usually, the ROW is only the portion traveled in a straight line to get to the property in question from a public way, so if you're putting snow on the side of the ROW, then technically you are in the wrong. (Utilities also will have a deeded ROW, which is another issue)

The "other plow trucks" are either private contractors plowing for the other people or they are municipal plows plowing with the approval of them.

3. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

I know by law here it is against the law to "store" snow in right of way, is it enforeced, no. every one does it. If you push snow across street they (town of Greece) will send the property owner a nasty letter, threatening to fine them.